Used 2012 Toyota RAV4 Limited Consumer Reviews - 2 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Toyota RAV4

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:

2012 Toyota Rav4 transmission problem
By allie_oop

2012 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I've had my Rav4 for a year and took it to the dealer to have the transmission checked.
When making a low speed turn, after braking then pressing the accelerator, the automatic transmission shifts roughly. It feels like a new driver just learning to drive a manual transmission.
The dealer test drove it, identified the issue, then said that was normal and there is nothing wrong with my Rav4.
Other dislikes: hard seats, brake too close to accelerator, doors sound tinny when closed, keyless ignition locks up randomly, too many lever controls on steering column (3 with wipers, lights, and cruise control)

Rear door is a door not a lift up hatch - easier for getting dogs in and out

Rav4 4x4 Limited: the BEST QUALITY SUV 4 THE MONEY
By ncreviewer

2012 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I've owned at least 6 or 7 Toyotas.
Land Cruiser, Camry, T100, 4Runner (3), Rav4s.
The first Rav4 we bought was in late 2010: a Base Rav4 4x4 2011 model.
We love it and still own it.
We decided to trade in our Honda in on a 2012 Rav4 4x4 Limited.
What a great vehicle!
Comfort, power, all the 4x4 traction a business SUV could want.
Sure, you're not going to pull stumps.
But for an architect & real estate broker, it works great.
We can take clients out to undeveloped lots in the winter and get back out again. The Rav4 4x4 Limited also has the way cool hands-free door entry system & 1-button exterior locking.
Leather, power sunroof, bluetooth & more.

Great quality, low price Reasonable mileage 27 Hwy, 20.2 in the mountains. Leather, sunroof, power driver seat with lumbar, nice radio/CD with fade and balance, lots of speakers, lots of storage space because the spare tire is outside. Reversible rear compartment surfaces to eliminate scratches and stains. Excellent suspension. Comfortable ride. 4x4: it'll get you out of 18" of snow in the mountains: our Base model even did that. Good looking SUV. Lots of storage space. I brought my mother's antique china cabinet back from Atlanta in the back with the seats folded down! Toyota is, for all intents and purposes a Lexus with slightly different badges. Badges? We don't need no.....

Improve mileage even more. Although, for a full time 4x4 this ain't bad. A multi-disc CD in the Limited would have been nice, although I guess that is fast becoming an archaic medium. Nothing much else. A great SUV for a very reasonable price. Nothing else can touch it.