Used 2012 Toyota RAV4 Sport Consumer Reviews - 3 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Toyota RAV4 - Consumer Reviews

2012 Toyota RAV4

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:

good choice for city driving
By uncle_john

2012 Toyota RAV4 Sport 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I took this suv in april 2012. this small suv is a good choice. I had a bad time deciding between this suv and the Honda crv. I don't regret buying a Toyota rav 4 sport 4 cylinder . but I regret spending this much and getting the expensive options . the car has its issues like the slow and weak motor. it was to weak to drive in san francisco . I had trouble climbing hills and thought the car was going to slide back down the hill. the brakes have been a problem. I had them changed in august 2015 and still they make a loud rubbing noise. the brakes don't work very good. but I have to admit the car looks cool . it has plenty of interior space for a small suv. im averaging 19.2 miles per gallon I do more city driving then highway. most driving conditions the car is fast enough even for the I 95 its good enough but needs big improvements in horse power. the radio sucks big time. the sound is low and terrible. the car is easy to drive in south florida and easy to park . baking out is not so good and has bad blind spots. I don't like the door opening from the side and lack of space problems in los angeles . I couldn't open the door all the way sometimes. the sunroof makes odd noises even when closed . the interior noise is bad and loud. it takes a while to get use to that much noise. not to comfortable on long drives because the seats are to hard. but still I recommend the rav4 because it has more pros then cons .

my toyota rav 4 sport 4x2 .
By john_ufo

i bought the car april 16 and its 3 and half months later. i waited
to gather more info for my review. the car overall is good. it runs smooth on normall roads . but in pot holes and going over train tracks jesus christ i thought my teeth fillings were going to come out . the car is kinda slow even for a 4 cyclnder.

they conned me into buying the rav 4 with no money down and my finance rate at 6.00 so they got my payments as high as $ 355.83 a month for 75 months. but i got smarter in my old age and refinanced the rav at 2.00 percent with a bank in new york. so now my payments are $ 305.25 a month .

the sunroof , 18 inch rims , and step rails.

a faster motor is needed and less punishing ride so my spine doesnt go through my head.

So far so good...
By SevanSins

2012 Toyota RAV4 Sport 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased this 2012 Toyota Rav4 Sport 5 days ago and am quite pleased that I did. So far the ride has been smooth, telling how well the suspension handles rougher patches of road. The engine is quite capable, making it easy to merge onto the highway. The interior is slightly dated, but some aftermarket products such as nav and higher quality speakers will give the simple interior a good sprucing up. The cargo volume exceeds standards. I'm an avid golfer as well as a hockey player, so space was a priority for me. I am quite pleased with the rugged exterior looks minus the tire of the Sport. Haven't had any issues yet, and with the Toyota name, hoping to not have any period.

Favorite feature has to be the cargo volume. Going from a two door coupe to this has been a drastic change. I find the swing-out door easy to use. However, I live in a city where parallel parking isn't the norm, so I can see how this would pose an issue, but for me it works!

Update the interior. While all the knobs and buttons work and are simplistic, the stereo is in need of an overhaul. This is where Toyota is far behind the Tuscon, Sorento and Sportage.