Unplanned Purchase, but so Far, so Good
By chuck17015 on
2011 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)
I wasn't planning to get another car for another year or so, but when the postcard came in the mail, I went to check this vehicle out. Took the test drive and liked the ride. I was coming out of a Honda Fit, so driving this around felt like driving a beast, but I kinda liked it. The Fit was a nice little car with great gas milage, but I just wanted something a bit more capable. Also, the Fit was rather a slow vehicle for something so small. I'm happy to say The Rav4's base 4 cylinder actually is quicker than the Fit. The handling is good, not as good as the CRV I once drove, but still solid. The ride is smoother than either of the other vehicles. Still, the gas milage is pretty low.
Favorite Features
My favorite features are the fold down rear seats that fold flat with the touch of a lever. I also like the under floor starage in the cargo area. A great place to keep a good bit of loose stuff that would otherwise be visible and rolling about in the cargo area.
Suggested Improvements
Re-think the cruise control lever and maybe let the cruise stay on instead of turning off when you turn the vehicle off. A steering wheel mounter toggle is better than fumbling around for that lever in the dark. And if you can get the wheel off the back for the higher trim levels, why not some of the lower ones too? Improve the fuel economy while you're at it.