Maybe a CR-V would make me happier
By juand1 on
2011 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
I bought this 3 weeks ago and have driven it 4000 miles. Here are my grips: My arms and hands hurt at the end of every day of driving, high steering effort. Three spoke steering wheel blocks the most convenient hand placement to rest hands. Car skidding (Slip or VSC off) and Trac Off warning lights occassionally illuminate when driving on dry, level pavement. Trac Off light stays on till the car is turned off. VSC turns on and off randomly. Seats not comfortable. Crap radio on base model. SUV handling. Swinging tailgate inconvenient. Fit&Finish not up to Toyota. A bit noisy. High brake pedal effort, i hope it to subsides w/ break-in.
Favorite Features
Big & roomy inside for class. Versatile cargo configs. Easy loading level. V-6 power and fuel mileage.
Suggested Improvements
It would have been nice to have been able to buy the sport or limited model V-6 2wd, but none w/in 350 miles of my location. Better seats. Less steering effort. fix the Trac Off & VSC warnings and better explain them in the useless owners manual. Wider brake pedal would let me push w/2 feet. For $25k I'd expect better seats. Maybe buy a CR-v instead.