2011 Toyota RAV4 Consumer Review: Great - Practical CUV

2011 Toyota RAV4 - Consumer Review

Base 4dr SUV (2.5L 4-cyl. 4x4 4-speed Automatic)

Great - Practical CUV
By ironjasper on

2011 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV 4WD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

After six weeks with my new RAV4, I remain impressed. The car is comfortable, handles well, and has more than adequate pick-up. There is plenty of room in the back seat for my three boys and the cargo area seems big for this segment. We took the RAV4 onto the beach last week and it handled the deep Delaware sand like a champ. I have been averaging 23.7 - 24.6 MPG around town and rural back roads. During highway trips, I have averaged 26.5 - 27.3 MPG. When you have the sunroof open (even with the windows closed) the car is still fairly quiet, there is no loud resonance you sometime get in cars equipped with sunroofs. By the way, I'm 6' 1" and I have plenty of room in the front seat.

Smooth motor, Lots of room, lockable 4-wheel-drive, good looks, quiet sunroof, trip computer, Bluetooth, nice MPG for an SUV ...

Radio display cuts off 2/3 of the information (Artist / Song Title), 5 or 6 speed transmission with 4-cylinder