Used 2011 Toyota RAV4 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Toyota RAV4 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:

good car and dealer
By rpd12

2011 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Comfortable and very good handling. I leased it at World Toyota in lakewood NJ and was impressed with the efficiency & honesty of the dealer and the price. The whole process took 2 hours. I realized later I was charged for the 1st months payment which was suppossed to be included. I emailed the sales mgr and he agreed to refund the payment without hesitation.

High road clearance and visibility. simple easy dash and controls.

Have back dooe open like a hatch back instead of swinging open which you can't do in a tight parking space. better mpg or electric/hybrid version.

Just purchased
By mobiledan

2011 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I just purchased, or leased, my Rav4, so I can only give my initial impressions. I had narrowed my search to Equinox, Outback, and Rav4 - they are similar in size, price, and features. My choice ended up being based on the deal; my Toyota dealership was willing to deal. My Rav4 is base model, with upgrades of moonroof, leather seats, tinted glass, 17" mags, mult-disc cd. My impression is that it performs well, and is the peppiest of the three (I only tested 4 cylinder models). The Chevy and Subaru have enough power, too, but they feel and sound like 4 bangers winding out the rpms. The Toyota felt like a 6, with no straining or revving out. I also think the Rav is by far the quietest o

Performance and quiet ride. Some of the other reviews mention road noise, but mine is very quiet - that might be because I got the package with the premium mats. I can really enjoy the nice stereo, because of the quiet ride. There's nothing cheap about this car; it's very nice, simple, and elegant.

More leg room.

2011 RAV4 4X4 4-cylinder
By windman3

2011 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I've had my '11 RAV4 for 2 1/2 months. There are many things about this vehicle that I like, but two things that I really dislike: first, the gas mileage is less than what I expected. It will give me 27 mpg on the freeway--but only if I keep my speed under 70. If I go 75 the mileage drops to 26 mpg. If I go 80, it drops to 25. City driving it gives me 22. The other issue I have with this vehicle: the seat is set as far back as it will go and I still cannot stretch out my legs. (I'm 5'8"). This isn't an issue driving locally, but out on the freeway the seating position I'm forced to maintain gets old fast. If I had to do it over I would not have purchased this vehicle.

1. A 5th gear to improve gas mileage. 2. A longer seat rail to provide more leg room.

Excellent small SUV with Mid Size room
By bholabhala

2011 Toyota RAV4 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have a V6 with beige interior black exterior. The vehicle is unbeleivebly fast and fuel efficient. I am clocking 24MPG (Combined HWY & City) and 29 MPG highway mileage. This is real good for a V6 SUV.

Pick, Speed, Steering, Transmission, Comort

Stop cutting edges. Quality could be a little better. I have only 10K and the spare tire housing is already throwing a rattling noise.

More sporty than crossovers
By jstorbeck

2011 Toyota RAV4 SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After considering and test driving a lot of small SUV's including the Jeep Liberty, Chevy Equinox, Ford Escape, and Cadillac suv, I ran across the RAV4. I had always read good reviews but I hated the look of the tire on the back. The Sport model solves that with run flat tires and no spare tire. Pickup is good in the V6 and I like that it doesn't look like the "mommy crossovers". It's built on its own frame. Dashboard controls are easy to reach and black. After about 4 months I am getting 19 mpg in the city and 24 mpg on the highway. The paint on this car is amazing and durable. My only complaints are road noise is a little more than I would like and the gas tank is a little small.

Sporty design--no spare tire on back. V6 power and pickup Sporty rims Paint job is exceptional. Horizontal opening rear door.

Better insulation to reduce road noise. Larger gas tank. Make a hybrid version.