2011 Toyota RAV4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:
RAV4 Limited Is a Gas Hog
By srubida on 07/16/11 07:04 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased my RAV4 on 5-27-2011 and already wish I could afford to trade it in on something else. Its awful gas mileage is affecting my lifestyle because now I don't go anywhere that I don't have to, at an average 16mpg (and I drive "lightly" and carefully). The vehicle itself is fine; I am glad it is a little larger than previous editions. The fittings, cup holders, etc., are all fine (I'm not picky, I just want transportation). At 16mpg, I might as well be driving a monster truck rather than a smallish SUV. This will be my second and last Toyota, because it replaces a well-tended Highlander that needed $3000 in repairs and failed its legendary durability reputation. Bye bye, Toyota.

Purchased 7-3-11. Love RAV4!
By lovemyrav4 on 07/11/11 08:53 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I have owned my RAV4 for a week now. Left my comfy Tahoe LT and I am very happy with my purchase. Already took it on long road trip 1000 miles. The RAV4 was amazing!! Did not feel the bumps in the road. Very smooth. Easy to handle. Gas mileage was good. Visual clearance was excellent. No noticeable road noise. Lots of get up and go! The tailgate is NOT too heavy. I am a small person too! There is so much room back there. Also extra mini-trunk is a bonus. Driver's seat was a little hard after a few hours, but had pillow to help. Also steering wheel is like holding onto a metal bar, but also fixable! Back seat is very comfortable with lots of leg room. RAV4 is excellent!

One Sweet Ride!
By nora64 on 06/30/11 13:26 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV 4WD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

OK, I am a Ford gal from way back but when I decided to trade my 2002 Escape (at 181,000 miles and still going strong) I thought I would test drive a couple other SUVs before buying. The moment I pulled onto the road in the RAV4 I knew I had found a new love! The interior is very modern and classy (though understated)and everything on the panels is well marked and easy to find. The seats sit high for a great view and feeling of "control". The cargo area has more room than the Escape for my 3 dogs or groceries and the rear cup holder is handier for my 8 yr old daughter to reach. It has tight, responsive steering, easy to park, and drives like an absolute dream!

Sporty and My Choice over Equinox
By jstorbeck on 06/29/11 22:03 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota RAV4 Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After test driving a half dozen small SUV's including the Chevy Equinox, Ford Escape and Explorer, and Jeep Liberty, I concluded the Rav4 Sport was right for me. Coming from an RX8 I wanted something fun to drive, that looked sporty, and yet had a lot of storage. You get less standard features compared to the Equinox but you have to weigh that compared to Toyota reliability. Also the Equinox back seat does not fold truly flat. Only minor complaints are above average road noise and a stiffer ride. The Sport model looks a ton better as it does not have the ugly tire hanging off the back. It uses run flat tires. Has 269 hp, great visibility, and responsive steering. Good sporty option.

No disappointment here!
By patman5150 on 04/07/11 09:30 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

it is hard to go wrong with Toyota, and my recent RAV4 purchase is no exception. I am glad that Toyota has made the RAV4 a little bigger than past years. I looked seriously at the Equinox and Terrain SUVs, but the RAV4 won me over. While some of the displays & gadgets on the interior are not as nice as GM, I feel it is a minor issue. The 4cyl is refined and peppy. The overall ride is smooth. The cabin is relatively quiet and quite spacious. The 2 things I feel Toyota could improve are the steering wheel, its layout is uncomfortable (for me anyway), and the electric steering in not where it should be. the steering feels very "heavy" - like turning 350lb wheels. Overall very satisfied!

A good small SUV
By badreligion on 02/25/11 11:49 AM (PST)

2011 Toyota RAV4 Sport 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Due to my family growing in size unexpectedly, I traded my 2011 Audi A4 Premium for a 2011 Rav4 Sport V6 with leather and other options. Once I replaced my radio with an aftermarket unit, I am just as happy with this car as my Audi. It is a bit slower, but the V6 is no slouch. The LED taillights look nice, and the full size spare makes me feel good about the car.

A Surprise Package!!!!
By adityas on 02/12/11 11:52 AM (PST)

2011 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I was very keen on getting the Audi Q5, as i was completely floored by the interiors it had. However, Due to delivery issues with the Q5, I settled for the Toyota RAV4 as it was one of the few SUVs available readily and in a powerful engine. I was definitely surprised by the number of options and packages offered in the Limited version which can easily compare this car to any luxury model out there. It also is very quick off the blocks and handles very well on curves. The sound system is excellent and the controls are very neatly placed. There is loads of interior space and room for passengers. My disappointment with the car has however been the quality of the leather used,fuel economy

Toyota Reliability
By sqwerty on 01/19/11 01:12 AM (PST)

2011 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

The best thing about the 2011 Rav4 is the smooth ride. Getting the 4cyl means it drags quite a bit. This is good for drivers like me who like to hang back, but makes me nervous if I ever need sudden power to escape a reckless driver. Fun is gone forever driving this vehicle, but I am hoping to make up it with famous Toytota reliability. I get compliments on the exterior a lot, which is a plus. Overall, I think it was a wise purchase.

Loving my new Car!
By Anonymous on 12/06/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I was driving a 2008 Suzuki Grand Vitara which I really liked... except for the gas mileage. I was getting about 18 miles a gallon, and when you're job hunting... that doesn't work. I was pushed into driving a Rav4 and surprisingly... I LOVE IT. I hope once the "new car" wares off the mileage will be as great as I need it to! I am very happy with my new car!

So far so good
By Cinnamonstik on 11/28/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I only mine yesterday however I did months of research before deciding on this one. It was a close race between this and the Chevy Equinox. I bought the RAV4 for a couple reasons over the Chevy: 1. The Equinox wasn't available in the V-6 unless I ordered one. Being a bigger SUV, I felt I would need the 6 vs the 4. 2. Although a little smaller than the Equinox, the RAV4 is the perfect size for me. Pros: 1. I love the individually heated seats. Very cool. 2. The built in Nav is great. No more hassling with my Garmin. 3. The fog lights made it even cooler. 4. Turns on a dime. Cons: 1. The dealer told me it was bluetooth equipped. It wasn't but I'm making them install it.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Toyota RAV4 in VA is:

$133 per month*