2011 Toyota RAV4 2.5L 4-cyl. 4x4 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - 1st New Car in 10

2011 Toyota RAV4 - Consumer Review

2011 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

1st New Car in 10 years
By gypsy on

2011 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I am a leasing the new 2011 Rav4 after Subaru refused to even negotiate on their comparable Outback.. ok?? Anyway, am very happy with the RAV with the most complaint over the front cup holders. Beside the fact of being place DIRECTLY in front of one of the only 2 ac outlets, it is designed for a can and about that size only. The height of the holders limit any water bottle and cause it to topple. I can't believe Toyota, who caters to the stylistas of the Lexus buyers would accept the placement of the cup holders. That vented, the only other complaint would be is the backup camera which has a fisheye view and is very misleading. I hope Toyota can am mend these flaws in 2012, otherwise awesome!

Favorite Features

Awesome JBL base booming speakers- sounds great with the 3 months free of XM Sirius radio! For a girl who puts on her makeup at the stoplights, I love the vanity mirror placement over your face instead of shining you in the eyes. Great feature!

Suggested Improvements

Other than revamping the cup holders and relocating the outlet problem in front, I would also suggest cord outlet space for the outlet in the armrest, so you can have you IPOD, phone etc actually go into the niche Toyota carved out for it. ALSO needs to have an adapter/outlet that works w/o eng on.