2011 Toyota RAV4 Consumer Review: 15K Mile Update

2011 Toyota RAV4 - Consumer Review

Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L V6 4x4 5-speed Automatic)

15K Mile Update
By sheepleking on

2011 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

15K mile Update - Well the tapping noise is gone but honeymoon is over. I still like the RAV4, but now all the little things are starting to poke their heads out. - It definitely rides more like a truck now than when I bought it, with the suspension sending me jarring messages over all but the best of roads. - There are also little rattles and squeaks coming from the riser by my head between the driver and passenger door. - The driver's side window rattles a little (just a tiny amount but it's definitely noticeable to me) - The noise from the rear when doing 25mph or less is horrible. It sounds like a squeaky/rattleing cage. I've looked at all the seals, made sure everything was tightened and nothing helps. - Gas mileage has been stagnant...still 18-20 city and 22 - 25 highway. Other than that, it does what I need it to do (hauling kids to sports, school activies, shopping runs, etc.) so I won't complain too much. My next vehicle will probably not be another RAV4 but I wouldn't downplay it if someone told me they were considering buying one.

Powerful engine and plenty of room.

Fit and finish needs some definite attention. I've taken it to two dealerships regarding the noise from the rear and received the standard "that's normal" response. It's not normal for any car I've ever owned but I don't have the time or energy to debate the issue with them. Would love better gas mileage but I knew what I was getting when I bought it.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review