Used 2011 Toyota RAV4 SUV Consumer Reviews - 46 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Toyota RAV4 SUV

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:

Raving bout my Rav
By Happy Hiker

2011 Toyota RAV4 SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

If you're looking for a SUV that handles and drives like a sports car, this is your whip.

First And Probably Last Toyota ...
By Phil K

2011 Toyota RAV4 SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Reliable but dated, tinny, poor material quality. Archaic instrumentation. Interior comfort is well above average.

It does it all in FWD, AWD, 4WD & tight as a drum
By Tim

2011 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

So a daughter totaled my awesome 2004 Camry XLE. (She was ok just minor concussion) I research everything even to replace a toaster oven! Decided to replace my old car with a loaded used Rav4 as my wife's car is another sedan (2009 Camry Hybrid) Bought this cream-puff Jan 2016 which oddly was traded in on a new Caddy. One owner, no accidents, well maintained etc with 22k and excellent condition. Have had it for 4 months now and it's everything I had hoped. Got a chance to drive in snow including up a steep hill and it was almost boring how well it gripped even on original OEM tires. Overall just a far smoother ride and better built than a new 2015 and 2016 I had tried. The power is more than adequate and smooth with good handling. A highway trip in heavy rain <>70 mph gave 28 mpg. Running errands in suburbia and commute yields 23-24 mpg. Not bad for what this thing can haul inside and yet still be easy to drive and park. The JBL system sounds decent with FM but awesome with CD or iPod playing. It's not an exciting vehicle to drive but it is very comfortable and pleasant. I'm surprised to read of others with squeaks/rattles as mine has none thankfully as I can't stand that. One negative is the cup holders are poorly placed but hey if that's all I have to complain about I'm a happy camper.

Great car
By Laurie Liguori

2011 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I found this car easy to drive. Very responsive.

Worth how much you pay for it
By RSKamath

2011 Toyota RAV4 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car for my wife who loves SUV's and this one is no exception. I bought it 22k miles and it has served both of us very well in the past 2 years. We are now closing on 60k miles and so far we have only had to replace the Stock tires at 30k miles - which was the only bad thing we thought. Other than that we have stuck to a good 6-7k maintenance schedule and haven't had any problems with it. Some cabin noises such as squeaks and the brakes groan a bit.. but apart from that it does what it is built for. The V6 has amazing passing power and can really get off the line pretty quick. I have put the care through the paces and it hasn't let me down so far. Excellent room for moving etc. - we were able to stuff a LOT of furniture in our car and it just drove without even a slight lag. Good gas mileage for an SUV - I average 25 mpg with about 50% highway driving.