2011 Toyota RAV4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:
Bad paint
By lorav on 07/03/12 11:12 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

In April 2012 I bought a Toyota Rav 4 2011. It is July 3 2012 and already there is a penny size paint chip that came off the hood. The dealer will not even report it let alone have it fixed. There are lots of reports of bad paint being used on Rav4s for years. And Toyota ignores it.

hate my new rav4
By josette1313 on 03/09/12 07:09 AM (PST)

2011 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

being my first new car I should think I'd love it, or at least like it, but I hate this thing. It is too cramped feeling inside, the cup holders are ridiculously worthless and out of reach, it's such a stripped down model I can't believe I paid what I did for this. I have always driven luxury-level cars which seem to be a thing of the past, but this is bottom of the barrell in my view and I can't wait until I can get rid of it. this will not be good when I go on cross-country trips and won't be able to have a cup of ice water or tea close at hand

Poor MPG
By ocal on 01/30/12 11:22 AM (PST)

2011 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Biggest problem is poor MPG. Bought becuase of the published MPG range. Actual MPG is consistently on the low end. We live in flat Florida. Most driving is rural and occassional light city traffic. 3rd row seet is soo cramped my 6 & 9 year-olds have to sit sideways, if any-one is sitting in 2nd row. Took to dealership (Deluca) to have MPG checked. Service lady treated us like were idiots and later lied to us about how they checked to see if there was any issue (told us a mechanic drove it of 30 minutes continuously at 35mph and MPG was 28MPG). Impossible test. Wish we had bought the Durango or the CRV. Will trade this off soon! (Previoulsly loved our Corolla!)

good car and dealer
By rpd12 on 12/29/11 10:03 AM (PST)

2011 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Comfortable and very good handling. I leased it at World Toyota in lakewood NJ and was impressed with the efficiency & honesty of the dealer and the price. The whole process took 2 hours. I realized later I was charged for the 1st months payment which was suppossed to be included. I emailed the sales mgr and he agreed to refund the payment without hesitation.

Just purchased
By mobiledan on 12/11/11 23:44 PM (PST)

2011 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I just purchased, or leased, my Rav4, so I can only give my initial impressions. I had narrowed my search to Equinox, Outback, and Rav4 - they are similar in size, price, and features. My choice ended up being based on the deal; my Toyota dealership was willing to deal. My Rav4 is base model, with upgrades of moonroof, leather seats, tinted glass, 17" mags, mult-disc cd. My impression is that it performs well, and is the peppiest of the three (I only tested 4 cylinder models). The Chevy and Subaru have enough power, too, but they feel and sound like 4 bangers winding out the rpms. The Toyota felt like a 6, with no straining or revving out. I also think the Rav is by far the quietest o

Unplanned Purchase, but so Far, so Good
By chuck17015 on 08/26/11 23:30 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I wasn't planning to get another car for another year or so, but when the postcard came in the mail, I went to check this vehicle out. Took the test drive and liked the ride. I was coming out of a Honda Fit, so driving this around felt like driving a beast, but I kinda liked it. The Fit was a nice little car with great gas milage, but I just wanted something a bit more capable. Also, the Fit was rather a slow vehicle for something so small. I'm happy to say The Rav4's base 4 cylinder actually is quicker than the Fit. The handling is good, not as good as the CRV I once drove, but still solid. The ride is smoother than either of the other vehicles. Still, the gas milage is pretty low.

Purchased 7-3-11. Love RAV4!
By lovemyrav4 on 07/11/11 08:53 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I have owned my RAV4 for a week now. Left my comfy Tahoe LT and I am very happy with my purchase. Already took it on long road trip 1000 miles. The RAV4 was amazing!! Did not feel the bumps in the road. Very smooth. Easy to handle. Gas mileage was good. Visual clearance was excellent. No noticeable road noise. Lots of get up and go! The tailgate is NOT too heavy. I am a small person too! There is so much room back there. Also extra mini-trunk is a bonus. Driver's seat was a little hard after a few hours, but had pillow to help. Also steering wheel is like holding onto a metal bar, but also fixable! Back seat is very comfortable with lots of leg room. RAV4 is excellent!

Toyota Reliability
By sqwerty on 01/19/11 01:12 AM (PST)

2011 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

The best thing about the 2011 Rav4 is the smooth ride. Getting the 4cyl means it drags quite a bit. This is good for drivers like me who like to hang back, but makes me nervous if I ever need sudden power to escape a reckless driver. Fun is gone forever driving this vehicle, but I am hoping to make up it with famous Toytota reliability. I get compliments on the exterior a lot, which is a plus. Overall, I think it was a wise purchase.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Toyota RAV4 in VA is:

$133 per month*