2010 Toyota RAV4 Consumer Review: Way better than expected

2010 Toyota RAV4 - Consumer Review

Way better than expected
By Gcarlsbad on

2010 Toyota RAV4 Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

New Rav4's are almost the same size as 2nd gen 4runners, and the V6 engine is fantastic, 10 more horsepower than my bosses BMW X3! I got 4wd and had no problem driving through snow to go skiing. The interior is pretty nice, the seats fold easily and it is easy to get my surfboard or a bike in the back. I think it looks great in the Sport edition and in general am very pleased after 2000 miles and one west coast road trip. It looks and feels like a much more expensive vehicle. I had a small car before this, though, it hurts at the pump. My MPG are around 21. In general, I don't care what Kanye West has to say about RAV4's, I love mine.

V6 engine, good steering and suspension, upgraded stereo, 4wd, cargo capacity. Looks good inside and out.

Gear shift uneven at certain speeds, some road noise. The MSRP on the sport edition doesn't include the "Sport Appearance Package," so you have to pay 600 extra on top. I wish that the fuel economy were higher, I don't want to feel guilty for not driving a prius.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review