Test drive for a long time
By amy on
2010 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
I am 5'7" and have a long torso - seat is so uncomfortable I am going to physical therapy. Neck and shoulder pain while driving is horrible. Bumpy ride felt more so on newly paved roads for some reason. It feels like the wheels are not balanced or aligned properly or something. Online research regarding same showed numerous people have same problems with seat being uncomfortable and bumpy ride. Don't limit yourself to the 5 mile or so test drive that the sales rep "allows" you. I regretted buying this car after about a week. Also, stereo is bland and low end.
Favorite Features
V6 - that's it. And you can get that on any number of cars
Suggested Improvements
fix bumpy ride and stop telling owners there is nothing wrong when they're clearly IS. Better stereo, bluetooth. BETTER SEATS and MORE adjustment options. Make steering wheel able to be pulled closer like honda does (tilt is not enough). Headrests that don't push top of head forward
By jessi11
on 04/21/11 03:04 AM (PDT)

I know what you mean. I test drove a 2011 rav4 v6 limited with the leather interior and was unimpressed with the jittery ride and hard leather seats. I also test drove the honda cr-v ex-l with leather and navigation. The leather seats in the honda were WAY more comfortable. The ride was a little jittery also, but not as bad as the Toyota's. Needless to say, I couldn't live with honda's weak four cylinder engine or toyota's interior disparities and ride. I decided to go with a different vehicle.