Peppy, noisy, thirstly beast...
By Alex Povolotski on
2010 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)
Very practical car, quite spacious inside, though you cannot tell from the outside. Nice styling, large buttons inside, lots of cargo room here and there, especially with second row folded. On the downside, the interior is very simplistic, the steering wheel is too small to my taste but on the lighter side of steering, which I kinda like. The brakes are marshmellowy. The 4 cyl engine is peppy and is surprizingly agile in all conditions, feels more like V6, actually. Too noisy though, engine noise is very intrusive, not like in Camry (though same engine). Mileage was disappointing -- 12.5L/100km.
Favorite Features
This beast just goes... Very peppy I4 engine, feels like V6. Good instrument panel, good button layout, large buttons. Interior room is the right size, visibility is very good.
Suggested Improvements
Gas mileage of 12.5L/100km is actually the same I was getting in my Dodge Journey 3.5 V6. Exactly the same!!! Engine noise is too intrusive. Apply same foam in same places as in Camry and make the car serene. Noise kills all the experience, actually!