Glad I bought it
By Jazzman on
2010 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
I traded in my 04 RAV4 and considered CR-V (I owned a 98 CR-V), Outback, and Equinox. I finally chose the RAV for the V6, reliability, gas mileage and space. Also, they were dealing at the time because of the media blitz about unintended acceleration. This car gets about 1 mpg better than my older 4 cylinder RAV and is much faster and roomier. It's definitely built light weight, the body panels seem pretty thin from the outside. I have no road noise complaints after driving two other small crossovers for the last 12 years; it's noticeably quieter than those. When my commute was largely freeway I got 24 mpg (actual). Now I drive short stop and go hilly trips at 4200 ft elevation and get 22.
Favorite Features
Combination of space, power, and gas mileage. I'm quite surprised at how much I like the keyless entry/ignition and Bluetooth integration. These are gadgets that came in the Limited package and I probably would not have paid for them if given a choice. I'll never have a car without them now.
Suggested Improvements
The interior/exterior styling is just okay. The pod that holds the window switches can cut into my left knee when I drive long distances and move around. The ride is good but the handling is wallowy. I didn't want the run-flat tires that came with the Sport suspension.