2010 Toyota RAV4 Consumer Review: First Toyota product

2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV - Consumer Review

First Toyota product
By y22zzaa on

2010 Toyota RAV4 Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Over a 10 year period (between wife & I), i have driven the following; Ford Escape (2004), Honda CRV (2006), and a Subaru Impreza (AWD, 2008). Of course i am bias but as of right now, this Toyota is far superior. Also looked at the Subaru forester turbo but dealership was not willing to deal. Thankfully, because then i drove over to Toyota and realized that for me, this is a much better fit. It is not perfect but for the price and what it is, it comes close. As of right now, i am getting about 1 mpg less than my 170 HP AWD Subaru! BUT i have 100 more HP! And i love tapping into it. Also, my insurance premium dropped by $1/month!

I also leased a 2005 Nissan Maxima - my Toyota closely matches that one in power and with it's independent and sport-tuned suspension, handles similarly. Clearly, its power and handling are my favorite features - and the 4X4 ability.

As others have pointed out, lumbar support is lacking but this is a $5 fix. Hmm, let me get back on this one. After all, it is only day #3 and 300 miles.