2010 Toyota RAV4 Consumer Review: dojos

2010 Toyota RAV4 - Consumer Review

Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L V6 4x4 5-speed Automatic)

By Anonymous on

2010 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Searched for several months for an SUV, needed a larger vehicle than my old sedan also considered the 2010 models equinox, Honda pilot, Toyota Highlander and 4runner. After test driving all of them, narrowed down to the rav4 and Highlander. Loved the 4runner but it was over my budget, the 2010 highlander had a huge visibility issue when looking through the rear window but to opt. For backup cam was a 2grand price jump and bad body lean on curves, came down the offramp and I felt like I was gonna fall off my seat. Rav4 had the same v6, fully loaded around 32k so got the rav4. Visibility is great didn't really need the backup cam. Mpg is averaging 21.5 city not bad yet to get highway mpg. 1000 miles driven.

Powerful v6 barely put foot on gas pedal thinking I'm doing 10 mph looked at the speedo and it was 35. LOL. Love the smartkey though need getting use to cause I keep trying to put keys in ignition only to realize. Oh yeah don't need that anymore:). Buttons are easy to understand and big. Easy fold seats.

Ceiling lining is cheap, felt like thin plastic and is mussy, bends easily also feels like its about to break. I'm actually afraid to push on it, fabric would have been better. No armrest Toyota? Door needs to be hinged on other side. Need better place for tire iron/crowbar makes noises when you hit bumps.