A great choice!!
By ilex2 on
2010 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
I wanted a well rated small SUV with lower owner cost, so I recently bought a 2010 Rav4 and love how fun this car is to drive! PROS: The V6 has lots of power and better gas mileage than my last car (a Mercedes C300) and I love that the Rav uses regular grade gas. Lots of cargo space, roomy back seat, and the radio's aux is great for using Pandora on my iPhone. Nav and back-up camera are great features! CONS: Hands free phone system's mic is poor quality. Braking is a little slower than I'm used to. Cup holder insert is too small for a travel cup and without the insert, it's too big. Not a big deal, but a little frustrating. Overall, I LOVE this car!
Favorite Features
I love the "get up and go" that this car has! Very responsive. A very comfortable ride, lots of safety features, and several places for storage upfront. Roomy back seat (lots of leg space) and great cargo space. Back seats fold down easily and perfectly flat. Speakers have good sound and aux feature is great for playing Pandora off my iPhone. Back-up camera on the rear-view mirror is awesome!
Suggested Improvements
"Ultimate Hands-Free" Bluetooth system needs a better mic. Its really bad! I can hear callers great but they say there's far too much noise On their end (the faster I drive, the worse it gets). I'm going to try to upgrade the mic or will buy a separate unit to mount on the sun visor. Seat heater only offers one setting and comes on quickly, gets too hot, then cycles to basically being off, then back on again. Better than nothing, but would be nice if the heat regulated better for more consistent warmth.
By marliesmom
on 03/15/13 18:07 PM (PDT)

Totally agree with you on the seat heater. One morning I thought I was going to catch on fire then I was chilly 10 minutes later. I just got mine used (traded a 2007 Rav base model 4cy). At night, do you have only the mode button on the steering wheel iluminated? Its so frustrating I can't find the button to answer the phone or turn the volume up/down on the radio. My husband has a 2007 Camry and all of his steering wheel options light up. Just wondering. Thanks!