2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:
Rav4
By Missy on 03/29/10 16:25 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I love this Rav! My previous car was a Corolla and this is a step up. I won't buy American engineered vehicles, been there and done that! The Rav seats are comfortable and drives like a dream. Disappointed in gas mileage, it isn't was they say it should get. Avg is 21 MPG. There is road noise and i agree the cup design is in the wrong place. The stereo is low quality. The Corolla had a better stereo system and cost a lot less. Overall happy with the purchase but think Toyota should go back and offer the 0% to those that purchased 6 months ago. That would show customer appreciation!!!

Way better than expected
By Gcarlsbad on 03/21/10 19:42 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

New Rav4's are almost the same size as 2nd gen 4runners, and the V6 engine is fantastic, 10 more horsepower than my bosses BMW X3! I got 4wd and had no problem driving through snow to go skiing. The interior is pretty nice, the seats fold easily and it is easy to get my surfboard or a bike in the back. I think it looks great in the Sport edition and in general am very pleased after 2000 miles and one west coast road trip. It looks and feels like a much more expensive vehicle. I had a small car before this, though, it hurts at the pump. My MPG are around 21. In general, I don't care what Kanye West has to say about RAV4's, I love mine.

911 Rav4S
By Theo on 03/20/10 20:39 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I just leased the Rav4 Sport Appearance Pkg. from Jim Coleman Toyota, what an excellent dealership experience. I cut my monthly payment in half! I have been completely impressed with the power this vehicle has and decent handling with AWD. I also like the rear door with out spare tire and the cargo space is good.

Can't recommend 2010 4cyl RAVs
By cwerb on 03/18/10 19:05 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is my second RAV4, bought just before recall. It is in no way the same car as my 2003, which had a superior sound system, a quieter engine, and a boxier shape I preferred. Before the news of the recall broke the first impression I had driving this was that Toyota had cut corners since 03. The annoyingly loud drone of the 4cyl at low revs makes it sound like the car is not warmed up/struggling, thought that's not the case. It handles well and the interior is far superior to other compact SUVs in the class I tested, including CR-V, Mazda Tribute, Hyundai Tuscon, Mercury Mariner and VW Tiguan. Toyota is buying mine back, but I may go for 6cyl as other SUVs in class a large disappointment

Don't like instrument panel
By okos12 on 03/18/10 17:43 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Instrument panel is dark. Can't see the clock in daylight. Same for the stereo. Storage for coins is open. Should have cover. When I plugged in GPS into power, could not use glass holder. I need the other glass holder for key. Hate that I can hardly see the clock. It has pale orange background and black numbers. Ugly plastic inside. Too manly. Really don't like the light color floor mats. Am using old ones from another car, because it would get dirty in no time Who would put creamy or light color floor mats in a car! The steering wheel is too small Mostly don't like all instrument panel is not illuminated enough. I kept turning the light in every position to see if clock can light up

Gas Pedal Recall Unsettling
By froggie on 03/17/10 17:42 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

PRO- Goes in the Snow! This vehicle was great this winter. Handles good. Back seat reclines and folds flat. Pick-up very good. Gas mileage OK. Fabulous visibility when backing up etc., CON- Very upset about the gas pedal recall. Purchased vehicle mid January 2010 and recall happened shortly afterward. Ouch! Do not like the front cup holder positions. Cups block power plug. Would like air/heater controls for rear seats. Would prefer the rear door to hinge upward instead of opening to the side. Really needs some basic lumbar controls. Overall would have given a much higher rating if it never had the gas pedal recall but it has caused so much anxiety that I don't think as highly of Toyota now

Two Days Out
By Wolfgong on 03/15/10 21:22 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

2010 RAV4 4WD (4432C). CF FE MF QV. 101 miles the TPS light began to flash. Then stayed on. I checked the tires, they are not low. I slightly overfilled the tires and the light went out. 174 miles the TPS light goes back on again. Tires are not low. Rattles are everywhere; like surround sound. Front seats lack thigh support, again. The value of the display button on the steering wheel is comical. So far I'm not convinced this is a worthy effort by Toyota. This specific vehicle was made in Japan.

toyota
By NY2010 on 03/15/10 18:11 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is my second RAV4 and I didn't hesitate to buy it. Though I did enjoy my prior Base model V6 this time I went with a Sport model 4cyl. This is my top choice for its reliability, space, look, 4x4 option, moderate price and most of all safety. This 2nd vehicle came about after an accident resulting in a total loss, but I can not speak enough about the structural integrity this vehicle retained under duress.

expected more from toyota
By ksywa on 03/12/10 17:59 PM (PST)

2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Our new rav4 is driven in the suburbs, so far just little over 350 miles. Already there are some rattles in passengers side doors. Where is Toyota's legendary quality? Fuel economy could be better my average for now is 20.6 mpg. Seats not very comfortable. Still I do love design, plenty of storage compartments. Very functional interior. Four cylinder has sufficient power. I like the spare tire on the back.

Excellent vehicle
By Dennis on 03/12/10 17:45 PM (PST)

2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Despite all the media hype on Toyotas, this Rav4 has got to be the best. I have always owned American made vehicles but none of them made now can beat this Rav4. I love everything about the vehicle except the remote start. The vehicle shuts down when you open the door.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Toyota RAV4 Suv in VA is:

$122 per month*