Used 2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV Consumer Reviews - 130 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:

My Second Rav4
By Xiam

2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

My 2007 RAV4 had zero issues in 40K+ miles. Even the original brakes and tires were still serviceable. The 2010 has a few welcome pluses - More power on less gas [we'll see]; a scuff plate on the rear bumper and a nice mpg readout. Sure, the ride's a little jiggly and the driver's seat not too comfy after an hour or two, and the idle's rough with the A/C on, and that weird tailgate doesn't open like all the others - BUT - There's plenty of space for 4/5 adults OR a lot of cargo with the seats down. About 25 mpg average; over 30 on the road. Plenty of zip, even with the I4/4 speed power train.

Small outside, big-ish inside; handling, brakes, reliability.

Even better mpg; bluetooth; a proper tailgate; better seats; better ride.

Not a Sienna
By Charlene

2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Decided to downsize from a 2005 Sienna XLE to reduce monthly payment & improve gas mileage. Toyota was offering $199 lease & with taxes,etc am paying $252 per month. Averaging 24 mpg (Sienna 15-18) Seats comfortable but ride is very bumpy. Front seat area feels cramped. Headrests force me to sit with seat back out of my comfort zone to avoid sitting with my neck thrust forward. Poor placement of cup holders. Doors do not lock automatically. Quick handling. Good storage in back. Occasional squeaks in dashboard. Occasional grinding sound when braking. This is my 4th Toyota in 16 years & my least favorite. I purchased this rather than a car so we could haul things easily.

MP3 jack, exterior design, reclining back seats, rear storage, rear door, under floor storage, ease of loading/unloading rear, size.

Headrests need to be overhauled, currently unacceptable. Smoother ride. Better gas mileage. Automatic locks.

Love My RAV4!
By Freckles

2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I highly recommend buyers first rent this vehicle and drive it on a weekend trip. That's how I fell in love with mine. I narrowed my selection down to a RAV4 and a Nissan Rogue. The RAV4 is much roomier - my kids feel the back seat is very spacious. My RAV is fun to drive and comfortable and the interior looks more "rich" than the Rogue. My only complaint is that the majority of the Toyota dealerships we called were not willing to come down much off the sticker and in fact some were quite arrogant about their pricing.

Spacious and comfortable interior Fun to drive Large cargo area Keyless entry - the door automatically unlocks and the interior lights come on without touching the door

Road noise Get rid of the spare tire on the back Air cooled seats (already has heated) Backup camera should be on the navigation screen

Feel every bump on the road - buy sports
By Kumar

2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Don't buy unless you want to feel every bump on the road - The sports model with Flat-Free tire has a very noticeable bumpy ride. At this it is very annoying, with the vehicle wobbling, driver shaking like he has convulsions. Works well on a smooth and even road, which is not realistic to expect. This ride quality does even come close to 10-year old Camry and 4-year old Sienna.

Does not matter about any features, the bad and bumpy rides over-shadows any good features.

Sports model ride suspension with Flat- Free tires needs to be fixed. In fact, I would say Toyota should discontinue making this model. Bad design and disgrace to Toyota's quality and reputation.

Versatility - The RAV4 is You!
By maxi

2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This my second RAV4. Since my 2007 model, Toyota has improved the engine - more power, less gas, a LOT smoother. It's comfy for 4 or 5 adults with plenty of legroom; extremely roomy and useful cargo carrier with the seats down. With a light foot, it will top 30mpg on the road; about 25mpg average in mixed driving. Dull interior; this is a Base model but even the pricey Limited isn't much better. The ride is still a little jiggly, but it corners much better than you'd expect. Excellent brakes and steering, too. Solid build quality. I got a great lease deal on it; much cheaper than the used SUVs I was looking at.

Efficient use of space; fuel efficiency; fun to drive. Usable off-road capability. Well designed and built.

Better interior materials; column or dash shift to allow more console storage; a proper lift-up tailgate; power driver's seat in the Base model; Bluetooth connectivity; a 5 or 6-speed transmission to save even more gas; a smoother ride.