Used 2010 Toyota RAV4 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Toyota Rav4 - Consumer Reviews

2010 Toyota RAV4

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:

Feel every bump on the road - buy sports
By Kumar

2010 Toyota RAV4 Sport 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Don't buy unless you want to feel every bump on the road - The sports model with Flat-Free tire has a very noticeable bumpy ride. At this it is very annoying, with the vehicle wobbling, driver shaking like he has convulsions. Works well on a smooth and even road, which is not realistic to expect. This ride quality does even come close to 10-year old Camry and 4-year old Sienna.

Favorite Features

Does not matter about any features, the bad and bumpy rides over-shadows any good features.

Suggested Improvements

Sports model ride suspension with Flat- Free tires needs to be fixed. In fact, I would say Toyota should discontinue making this model. Bad design and disgrace to Toyota's quality and reputation.

Versatility - The RAV4 is You!
By maxi

2010 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV 4WD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This my second RAV4. Since my 2007 model, Toyota has improved the engine - more power, less gas, a LOT smoother. It's comfy for 4 or 5 adults with plenty of legroom; extremely roomy and useful cargo carrier with the seats down. With a light foot, it will top 30mpg on the road; about 25mpg average in mixed driving. Dull interior; this is a Base model but even the pricey Limited isn't much better. The ride is still a little jiggly, but it corners much better than you'd expect. Excellent brakes and steering, too. Solid build quality. I got a great lease deal on it; much cheaper than the used SUVs I was looking at.

Favorite Features

Efficient use of space; fuel efficiency; fun to drive. Usable off-road capability. Well designed and built.

Suggested Improvements

Better interior materials; column or dash shift to allow more console storage; a proper lift-up tailgate; power driver's seat in the Base model; Bluetooth connectivity; a 5 or 6-speed transmission to save even more gas; a smoother ride.

Vibrates on the Highway
By BJ

2010 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV 4WD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought the Base Rav4 in August, 2010. Everything is great, except it vibrates a lot and is very noticeable, especially at speeds greater than 50. The Dealership tried to help and rebalanced the wheels for me. It did not help. At the dealership, the service manager and I test drove another new Rav4 and it did the same thing. Called Customer Care at Toyota, and their expert said that they are just made that way and to get used to it. So, I am looking to trade it in soon. And our 2005 Camry vibrated if the wheels were not perfectly balance. This will be my last Toyota. They have gotten way too big and quality issues are popping up and they and really don't care.

Vibrates on the highway
By BJ

2010 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV 4WD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I almost did not buy a Rav4 due to concerns of Quality going down at Toyota. We had a 2005 Camry that vibrated of the highway if the wheels were not perfectly balanced. Well, I took a chance and got burned big time by Toyota. My 2010 Rav4 vibrates at speeds greater than 50. Other 2010 Rav4s tested at the dealership (after I bought it to compare) also vibrate and Toyota officially told me that they were just built that way. I have come across a couple of nearly identical complaints on the internet. Now I am looking to trade for a SUV that does not vibrate. Toyota could care less, but I would never buy another Toyota.

Good car for the money
By Debbie

2010 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Just leased a 2010 rav4 limited. Great car except it has not homelink system, no satellite radio, and no bluetooth, but it does have a nav system. If you can do without those items, great vehicle.

Favorite Features

Pearlized paint, nice smooth ride and very user friendly

Suggested Improvements

Home Link, sat. radio, and bluetooth