2010 Toyota RAV4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:
2010 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.
By manu_nis on 05/01/10 18:16 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I recently bought this vehicle from Napa, CA and I love this one. It has a great pickup and power. 269 bhp is not too bad. Unknowingly, I bought the one with built-in GPS and I regret to buy that. I didn't know that it won't speak street names and when you move, you can't select another destination until you pull over somewhere. I was very disappointed with this GPS overall.

2010 Rav4 Sport
By Greg Wilson on 05/01/10 11:32 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota RAV4 Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have the run flat tires and the Sport package. I am getting 25.2 mpg ave. for the first 2000 miles. I am a handling nut and this car is very stable, has a very good steering feel and good brakes. The V6 has excellent power yet as previously noted gets excellent gas mileage. Overall I am very impressed.

Rav4 1 year later
By DavidRav4 on 04/25/10 11:13 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I've been driving my Rav4 for about a year. So far it's proven very reliable. Switching from a 2006 Mercedes-Benz C280 to the Rav4 was a huge difference in performance, but even at 4-cyl it gets the job done, more than well enough i might add, when I need some passing power. I'm in college and involved in multiple organizations which requires me to transport large equipment for food sales, parties, etc. the spacious room when back seats are folded down is remarkable. Handling is great, I use the cruise control daily. Toyota is the way to go, despite the companies recent setbacks.

Peppy, noisy, thirstly beast...
By Alex Povolotski on 04/23/10 13:38 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Very practical car, quite spacious inside, though you cannot tell from the outside. Nice styling, large buttons inside, lots of cargo room here and there, especially with second row folded. On the downside, the interior is very simplistic, the steering wheel is too small to my taste but on the lighter side of steering, which I kinda like. The brakes are marshmellowy. The 4 cyl engine is peppy and is surprizingly agile in all conditions, feels more like V6, actually. Too noisy though, engine noise is very intrusive, not like in Camry (though same engine). Mileage was disappointing -- 12.5L/100km.

Bumpy ride
By mark lau on 04/20/10 20:40 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota RAV4 Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Plenty of power and good gas mileage on the v6, average 22.5 mpg. This sport version has rough ride, not sure it has to do with the sport tuned suspension, 18 inch wheel or the run flat tires. Very uncomfortable on city roads.

Rav4 9000 mile review
By Smithgang on 04/13/10 11:28 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After owning my RAV4 for about 6 months, I can report that I am very pleased with it. I live in the south suburbs of Chicago and have about a 25 mile commute each day and average 24.0 mpg. This does require that you go easy on the accelerator. But its nice to know the power is there with the V6 when you need it. I replaced all the factory floor mats with weathertech floor mats. My kids are in a lot of sports, often riding with muddy shoes and it is really easy to dump the weathertech mats out. I also added my own towing bar to use my hitch mounted bike rack. Very easy (4 bolts), and way cheaper to do yourself in lieu of buying from Toyota.

Empty Nester crossover SUV
By rich comeau on 03/31/10 11:32 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota RAV4 Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My wife choose this vehicle as she will be driving it the most. We have only owned the vehicle for two weeks but are very satisfied with the RAV4. The V6 is freaky powerful with lots of fun acceleration. She did not like the rear door mounted spare tire, as it detracts from the nice style of the Rav4. She said it looked utilitarian with a Jeep CJ look. Choose the Sport with rear tire delete. I did notice a stiffer ride with the sport tuned suspension and 18" tires compared to the Limited we drove. Good mileage for our new found freedom to travel yet enough cargo space to fit our daughters dorm room in. At 6",2 the seats run out of thigh support for me, but wife finds it comfortable.

Toyota Fan
By Cathy on 03/31/10 09:28 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love my new RAV4. I had been driving my 2001 RAV4 and the differences between these vehicles in amazing! The 2010 is much more spacious, the V6 gives her some get-up-at-go, the XM radio, keyless ignition/entry and so much more. I still have my 2001 RAV4 in the dooryard, but I always go for my new 2010. Love it!

Love this car
By jt on 03/29/10 18:43 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I just purchased this car a couple of weeks ago and really love it! It's fun to drive, has ample acceleration, and has a great ride. Love the roomy interior and storage in the back.

Rav4
By Missy on 03/29/10 16:25 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV 4WD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I love this Rav! My previous car was a Corolla and this is a step up. I won't buy American engineered vehicles, been there and done that! The Rav seats are comfortable and drives like a dream. Disappointed in gas mileage, it isn't was they say it should get. Avg is 21 MPG. There is road noise and i agree the cup design is in the wrong place. The stereo is low quality. The Corolla had a better stereo system and cost a lot less. Overall happy with the purchase but think Toyota should go back and offer the 0% to those that purchased 6 months ago. That would show customer appreciation!!!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Toyota RAV4 in NJ is:

$206 per month*