Used 2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Toyota Rav4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:

Love this fun little SUV!
By Sparks

2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

First of all I have to say I was hesitant to get a Toyota after the whole ordeal and was on my way to sign on the CR-V but decided on my way to stop at the Toyota dealer on the way. WELL, I leased a limited RAV4 got it with NAV and Bluetooth. It is SO comfortable and has so much power! we took it on a road trip to the smoky mountains carrying 4 adults and my 2 years old. everyone were comfortable and happy. the car did well on the mountains road. Very impressed with the V-6 power and the smooth ride. the car is very responsive and fun to drive. I also wanted to mention that I got the maintenance package with it and it even includes free oil changes and car washes! Well done Toyota!

Favorite Features

Engine power Great interior Great Nav system Smooth quiet ride Stylish look Luxurious feel Responsive Roomy Love the smart key!

First Toyota product
By y22zzaa

2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Over a 10 year period (between wife & I), i have driven the following; Ford Escape (2004), Honda CRV (2006), and a Subaru Impreza (AWD, 2008). Of course i am bias but as of right now, this Toyota is far superior. Also looked at the Subaru forester turbo but dealership was not willing to deal. Thankfully, because then i drove over to Toyota and realized that for me, this is a much better fit. It is not perfect but for the price and what it is, it comes close. As of right now, i am getting about 1 mpg less than my 170 HP AWD Subaru! BUT i have 100 more HP! And i love tapping into it. Also, my insurance premium dropped by $1/month!

Favorite Features

I also leased a 2005 Nissan Maxima - my Toyota closely matches that one in power and with it's independent and sport-tuned suspension, handles similarly. Clearly, its power and handling are my favorite features - and the 4X4 ability.

Suggested Improvements

As others have pointed out, lumbar support is lacking but this is a $5 fix. Hmm, let me get back on this one. After all, it is only day #3 and 300 miles.

My Second Rav4
By Xiam

2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

My 2007 RAV4 had zero issues in 40K+ miles. Even the original brakes and tires were still serviceable. The 2010 has a few welcome pluses - More power on less gas [we'll see]; a scuff plate on the rear bumper and a nice mpg readout. Sure, the ride's a little jiggly and the driver's seat not too comfy after an hour or two, and the idle's rough with the A/C on, and that weird tailgate doesn't open like all the others - BUT - There's plenty of space for 4/5 adults OR a lot of cargo with the seats down. About 25 mpg average; over 30 on the road. Plenty of zip, even with the I4/4 speed power train.

Favorite Features

Small outside, big-ish inside; handling, brakes, reliability.

Suggested Improvements

Even better mpg; bluetooth; a proper tailgate; better seats; better ride.

Not a Sienna
By Charlene

2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Decided to downsize from a 2005 Sienna XLE to reduce monthly payment & improve gas mileage. Toyota was offering $199 lease & with taxes,etc am paying $252 per month. Averaging 24 mpg (Sienna 15-18) Seats comfortable but ride is very bumpy. Front seat area feels cramped. Headrests force me to sit with seat back out of my comfort zone to avoid sitting with my neck thrust forward. Poor placement of cup holders. Doors do not lock automatically. Quick handling. Good storage in back. Occasional squeaks in dashboard. Occasional grinding sound when braking. This is my 4th Toyota in 16 years & my least favorite. I purchased this rather than a car so we could haul things easily.

Favorite Features

MP3 jack, exterior design, reclining back seats, rear storage, rear door, under floor storage, ease of loading/unloading rear, size.

Suggested Improvements

Headrests need to be overhauled, currently unacceptable. Smoother ride. Better gas mileage. Automatic locks.

Love My RAV4!
By Freckles

2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I highly recommend buyers first rent this vehicle and drive it on a weekend trip. That's how I fell in love with mine. I narrowed my selection down to a RAV4 and a Nissan Rogue. The RAV4 is much roomier - my kids feel the back seat is very spacious. My RAV is fun to drive and comfortable and the interior looks more "rich" than the Rogue. My only complaint is that the majority of the Toyota dealerships we called were not willing to come down much off the sticker and in fact some were quite arrogant about their pricing.

Favorite Features

Spacious and comfortable interior Fun to drive Large cargo area Keyless entry - the door automatically unlocks and the interior lights come on without touching the door

Suggested Improvements

Road noise Get rid of the spare tire on the back Air cooled seats (already has heated) Backup camera should be on the navigation screen