2010 Toyota RAV4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:
Unusual Engine Noise
By papaz on 06/17/10 01:58 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is our first SUV, we like it very much. But we are having an unusual noise coming from the engine compartment coasting at 32-28 mph. (similar to posting on 5/26/10). I brought the car to the dealer and had a tech ride along with me and he heard the noise but was unable to pin point where it was coming from. They have the car now and will do more testing to locate the problem(s). Is there any more of you that is having this problem? Let Toyota know.Thanks. Vehicle is great but the noise is disturbing, don't want my wife to get stranded somewhere.

Disappointed
By exraver on 06/13/10 19:11 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota RAV4 Sport 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

It's ok. Just ok. Just enough power. Quite disappointing mileage. Cheap feel to everything, especially closing doors. Sounds like tin can. Wish we'd looked longer. I'd be depressed if this were my car, it's my wife's and she doesn't notice. Whew. Dealership staff were great to deal with however.

Love this vehicle!
By Marilyn on 06/08/10 20:31 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is my 5th Toyota and probably the most fun and most economical one I've owned so far. I bought it off the lot with the options that came with it and I was very pleased that it came with more than just basic options. It is great on gas, handles very well, easy to maneuver, surprisingly great pep for a 4 cylinder, tons of cargo space and storage, very user friendly with all dash controls and love the design and the Pacific Blue metallic is a beautiful color. I love that the rear door opens to the side rather than raise like a hatch-back, it makes loading and unloading so much easier. The only complaint I have would be that it didn't come with the rearview camera.

Luv my Rav4
By Toadman on 06/06/10 13:01 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota RAV4 Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I turned in my AWD GMC Acadia and leased my Rav4 Sport w/V6 in January and just love it. Had two major snow storms (20-24"+) just after purchase and this thing cuts right through the snow with no problems. AWD system performs much better than my old GMCs did. V6 engine is great. Sports Appearance Pkg. is great also as I can't stand having a spare tire on the back door. Mileage on the Hwy is 25 mpg about 19 mpg around town. Very roomy for a small SUV.

Very Unhappy
By Upset on 06/03/10 12:08 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV 4WD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

The vehicle has less than 3,500 miles and already needs a new camshaft. It's been in the dealership for 3 weeks and still has not been repaired. They are working on it.Dealership keeps telling me it will be soon.I've contacted Toyota Motor Company and they have been ABSOLUTELY NO HELP. Once it's repaired I will always have concerns about the reliability. I would never recommend buying this vehicle.

Amazing Vehicle!
By Chris J. on 05/31/10 08:56 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The Toyota RAV4 is an amazing vehicle. The ride is smooth and quiet, it hugs the road, is fun to drive, has amazing interior styling. I LOVE it! The best car I have owned yet by far!

Really pleased
By AndrewE on 05/30/10 09:12 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Test drove this and Subaru Forester. Rav4 was miles ahead in comfort. Dealer was easy to work with and lease deal was better than any competition. Have driven 5000 mi. 3 things stand out to me a) it has good pickup for a 4 cyl, and corners really well. b) I am getting @28 mpg on average, not just highway, on some long trips I get 30. c) cabin features are real nice; decent stereo, lots of ergonomic storage. Biggest negative is high road noise at higher speeds. Changing out the OEM tires is probably first place to start. second negative is how many times Toyota keeps contacting me to ask about my experience(@ 20 emails and 2-3 phone calls). They should just focus on building cars.

Still loving it!
By Sandra on 05/28/10 18:00 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota RAV4 Sport 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This has been the most enjoyable auto I've owned. I love everything about it. I bought this RAV4 2010 in Oct. '09 after much anguish, having just bought a brand new Honda CR-V-EX. As soon as I drove the Honda off the lot, I knew I made the wrong decision. 6 weeks later and taking (an obvious) loss, I traded it for the RAV and have never regretted this costly mistake. It's a fun, comfortable vehicle to drive, has a lot of power (4 cyl.), handles beautifully and most of all, being single, feel extremely safe with any Toyota but especially the RAV 4. I've had it now for 7 months and I still have that new-owner-can't-wait-to- drive-it excitement about it.

Yransmission noise
By anle on 05/26/10 03:36 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my fourth Rav4, I love the size. However, this 2010 is much noisier than my 2007. (outside noise) At 30/32 miles per hour, while coasting, it is making a terrible "growling" noise. I called the dealership, they said no other complaints and if it is intermittent, which it is, they won't be able to pin point the problem. Is anyone else having the same problem? Otherwise I love it, but I am afraid something is going to happen out on the highway and I will be stuck.

Beware of Rough Ride
By Mark on 05/15/10 19:51 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota RAV4 Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Test drive the Sport Version with Run Flat Tires before you buy. The sport suspension with the run flat tires gives a very rough ride. Every bump in the road is felt. Everything else is great.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Toyota RAV4 in VA is:

$122 per month*