Used 2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:

Test drive for a long time
By amy

2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am 5'7" and have a long torso - seat is so uncomfortable I am going to physical therapy. Neck and shoulder pain while driving is horrible. Bumpy ride felt more so on newly paved roads for some reason. It feels like the wheels are not balanced or aligned properly or something. Online research regarding same showed numerous people have same problems with seat being uncomfortable and bumpy ride. Don't limit yourself to the 5 mile or so test drive that the sales rep "allows" you. I regretted buying this car after about a week. Also, stereo is bland and low end.

V6 - that's it. And you can get that on any number of cars

fix bumpy ride and stop telling owners there is nothing wrong when they're clearly IS. Better stereo, bluetooth. BETTER SEATS and MORE adjustment options. Make steering wheel able to be pulled closer like honda does (tilt is not enough). Headrests that don't push top of head forward

Really Like The Rav
By bg1811

2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I just leased a 2010 RAV4 Limited FWD I-4 last week (for my wife). I was concerned about some of the negative comments about this vehicle. I leased it in New Orleans and then drove it 570 miles back to my home in Kentucky. I drove up US 61 through the Delta to keep from driving a constant speed on the interstate. My car is a 2007 Cadillac Escalade and I didn't find this car to be any louder than the Caddy. I got 29.7 mpg which I think is great. I also found the seats to be very comfortable. The interior trim is very acceptable for this price range IMO.

The no key door unlocking system was something I really enjoyed (now I wish the Caddy had that feature).

Add a Home Link garage door feature. I can't remember the last car that we had without that feature.

Glad I bought it
By Jazzman

2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I traded in my 04 RAV4 and considered CR-V (I owned a 98 CR-V), Outback, and Equinox. I finally chose the RAV for the V6, reliability, gas mileage and space. Also, they were dealing at the time because of the media blitz about unintended acceleration. This car gets about 1 mpg better than my older 4 cylinder RAV and is much faster and roomier. It's definitely built light weight, the body panels seem pretty thin from the outside. I have no road noise complaints after driving two other small crossovers for the last 12 years; it's noticeably quieter than those. When my commute was largely freeway I got 24 mpg (actual). Now I drive short stop and go hilly trips at 4200 ft elevation and get 22.

Combination of space, power, and gas mileage. I'm quite surprised at how much I like the keyless entry/ignition and Bluetooth integration. These are gadgets that came in the Limited package and I probably would not have paid for them if given a choice. I'll never have a car without them now.

The interior/exterior styling is just okay. The pod that holds the window switches can cut into my left knee when I drive long distances and move around. The ride is good but the handling is wallowy. I didn't want the run-flat tires that came with the Sport suspension.

Beer Can
By Rav4

2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I Bought a base rav4 w 4 cylinder in July and I am shocked at how noisy it is. It is like riding in a beer can on a bucket. This is by far the noisiest vehicle I have ever owned. Vehicle sounds like you are in a constant thunderstorm. They also never sent me a survey of my opinion of my new Rav4, they did however sent me 1 for the Camry I bought the same day. I can't wait to get rid of Rav4. I took it to the dealer because I really thought something was wrong and they said that is the way they are. The brakes grind always, they are weak, you hear every seam, reflector, bump, patch and sound on every kind of road, even on smooth highways. I am beyond disappointed in this vehicle, I am mad.

Ergonomics good and when i get rid of it

Go back to being Toyota, you are not even Kia right now. Noise reducing insulation and choose tires better. Eliminate that stupid rear wheel. Power seats option on all models

Toyota Quality?
By Xlr8

2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've had the Rav4 for about 4 months now. Overall I'm very pleased with it. However some of the small details really show a drop off in Toyota quality. I really like the V-6 engine in this light SUV. It has great get up and go. The ride on the Sport model is a little stiff but it feels very solid. The space is a nice improvement over our previous Corolla. But this is where one of my greatest disappointments comes in. The interior quality of my 99 Corolla is far better than the new RAV4. Inside the Corolla there are a lot of soft touch surfaces and the plastics are of a superior quality. The cost cutting measures really show through when it comes to the interior materials.

Love the smooth peppy V-6 engine, Solid ride, cargo space and hopefully Toyota reliability.

Interior Plastics that are not so cheap. Better Fabrics on the seats, better seats period.