Used 2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Toyota Rav4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:

Most Helpful|
Great Value Vehicle-Terrible Bluetooth Instructions!
By hysteria

2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

My wife and I both love this vehicle. We've taken it on 2 very long trips and it perfoms great. We get over 26 mpg. Our only gripe is that the bluetooth instructions in the owner's manual are complete garbage! I've had to take it to the dealer 3 times to get the bluetooth working. The rep at the dealership (who told me she had to "go to school to learn how to program phones for Toyota's bluetooth technology) had major problems trying to get our phones synched up. It took her over 40 minutes to get it working. She also stated NOT to follow the owner's manual instructions. What should be an easy application made difficult by Toyota's good for nothing instructions.

Favorite Features

Reliability, good ride, nice lines, decent gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the piece of &%*! Bluetooth Section of the owner's manual. When I went to the dealership only one person there could help me. All the others said they had no idea how to program the bluetooth technology. If dealerships cannot understand it and recommend not using that section of the manual, what does that tell you?

10k miles in 3 months: reliable but uncomfortable
By tunisjs

2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought 2010 Rav4 base 4x4 at Carmax on my return from overseas. I needed a reliable, roomy SUV quickly for a long road trip. I love to drive. Fully loaded with stuff, using a/c, 28mpg highway (despite only 4 gears, a happy surprise). Totally reliable, lots of storage room, side swinging rear door ok, full size spare tire a godsend. Grossly uncomfortable driving position for this 6'2" 210lb male, no lumbar support, my knees rubbed against console and window controls. The worst was the loud, arthritic creaking from all the RAV4's body joints on launches, turns and stops! It sounded like a Yugo. What's up with Toyota? I traded it in on a used GLK.

Favorite Features

MPG, full size spare tire, roomy in back seat and storage area, reliable.

Suggested Improvements

add 5th gear to 4 cyl transmission, tighten body joints to get rid of creaking, add lumbar support to front seats.

Great SUV
By gh81

2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Upgraded from an Altima due to the arrival of my daughter. The engine and transmission are excellent, this is a fun SUV to drive with more than enough power to put a smile on my face. Interior is overall great, seats are comfortable, equipment on limited is generous. The ride and steering could be smoother. Trunk is very spacious and practical. This will be my one and only RAV as Toyota made the 2013 model much more boring.

Favorite Features

-V6 Engine and transmission -Trunk Space -equipment on limited model -Build quality & reliability

Suggested Improvements

-Ride and steering are a bit jiggly. A lot of Toyota's have numb steering and ride, but I can feel too many jiggles and vibrations in the ride and steering in the RAV4. As much as the handling and ride are sharp I would rather trade off some of it for more smoothness -Steering column adjustment needs more range

Beer Can
By Rav4

2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I Bought a base rav4 w 4 cylinder in July and I am shocked at how noisy it is. It is like riding in a beer can on a bucket. This is by far the noisiest vehicle I have ever owned. Vehicle sounds like you are in a constant thunderstorm. They also never sent me a survey of my opinion of my new Rav4, they did however sent me 1 for the Camry I bought the same day. I can't wait to get rid of Rav4. I took it to the dealer because I really thought something was wrong and they said that is the way they are. The brakes grind always, they are weak, you hear every seam, reflector, bump, patch and sound on every kind of road, even on smooth highways. I am beyond disappointed in this vehicle, I am mad.

Favorite Features

Ergonomics good and when i get rid of it

Suggested Improvements

Go back to being Toyota, you are not even Kia right now. Noise reducing insulation and choose tires better. Eliminate that stupid rear wheel. Power seats option on all models

RAV4 SPORT, awesome value, just a glitch
By gar7

2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Check engine light issue, will be covered by warranty. Excellent ride and handling for the SPORT model ! Does exactly what it says it will !! Handles corners well, hugs the road and toes not tilt in the curves.

Favorite Features

SUSPENSION! Cornering! Handling!

Suggested Improvements

Needs body side moulding as standard, and rear deck cover. Hitch and lights hookup. After all it is a SPORT model. Better quality in the fuel and vapor canister systems, cause ENGINE Light. Code P2401 which locks it in 4WD, anti-slip mode and uses more fuel.