2010 Toyota RAV4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:
1,000 Miles So Far
By Nick B on 08/03/10 18:05 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota RAV4 Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I traded a 2002 manual honda civic for the RAV4 because we had a baby and needed a bigger car. I love the power upgrade from the civic, V-6 is a big jump in hp for my daily driving. It doesn't take the corners like a car, but it does handle fairly well with the sport suspension and larger wheels. We were almost ready to buy the CR-V, but the power of the V-6 sold me. So far I'm averaging 21.5 mpg, pretty good mix of highway and city with the A/C on all the time because it's been hot. Also drive on the more heavier footed side of average, not crazy, but more pedal than probably about 3/4 of the people out there. Overall its a nice car so far.

Hard to beat deal
By Pete on 08/02/10 18:38 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I just Leased a 2010 RAV4 AWD Limited with a V6 for $330 per month with zero down plus signing fees ($1,625). They bought out the lease on my 2008 WV Passat with 8 months to go with zero cost to me so I basically dropped off one car and drove home with a brand new more expensive vehicle, which to me is a hard to beat deal.

Great buy under $30,000
By NErealtor on 07/31/10 12:33 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Previously owned a 98 olds bravada then an 03 chevy trail blazer. Liked both of them a lot. Both drove a little rough like a truck but served me well. I still wanted an SUV or crossover, one under $30,000, but with a little better gas mileage and handling. I test drove the Santa Fe, Tucson, Rogue, Escape, Edge, Outback, Forester, and Equinox. All had nice features, but non left me wanting to drive one home that day. Finally decided to drive the Rav4 and fell in love with it. Husband really likes it too and he doesn't care for suvs. Love the blue color and the V6. It's early, but think I will really like the Rav4. Got it for a good price according to Edmunds. Hope it's great in the snow.

Close To The Perfect Car
By MainJane on 07/26/10 22:39 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota RAV4 Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

You've read the rave reviews and already know that the RAV4 is a great car and the best choice in the small SUV class so I won't repeat all of its great qualities. Instead, I'll use this space to point out my 2 main gripes about the vehicle. These are the things that I wish someone had warned me about before I bought. I don't know if it would have changed my mind, but it would have been nice to know. One is the interior noise at speed. Far noisier than a car at this price point should be. Source is mostly road noise, but mechanical and wind are also contributors. Second is handling; not as crisp or responsive as it could be. Please pay attention to both of these issues before you buy.

Fun to drive
By RT on 07/26/10 04:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Very well built, fun to drive, efficient. This Rav4 is everything we expected and then some. More room in inside than it looks on the outside.

Great little SUV
By nana on 07/09/10 17:48 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Searched and researched for 10 months before purchasing my Rav 4. I haven't regretted buying it for even one second! Average mileage is 27.7 combined over the life of the vehicle. Four cylinder has plenty of pep. Love having a hatch that hinges on the side as I am very petite.

Great Crossover None Better!
By BBS on 07/05/10 18:22 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

We've had our RAV4 Limited about four months now and get 28 to 30 mpg, it's roomy, lay the seats down and carry a lot more than you can imagine. We got the limited with the JBL radio which sounds like a concert, awesome sound. The only complaint is the toyo tires they make some road noise which I plan to change to the Goodyear gas mileage saver tires. Highly recommend the RAV4 you will not be disappointed. We have the 4 cyl and it has plenty of pep. It's simply a "Blast" to Drive!

Love this car
By jmg on 07/05/10 18:10 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I am 4' 11" short, and was driving my husband's Solara 2 door coupe for 2 years. I couldn't see over the hood, out the back window, or on the sides. I wanted a car I could see out of, park, and back up without hitting every curb in sight. I never thought I could drive an SUV. I absolutely love this car. I can get in and out of it easily; I can see everything from my high perch, and it handles beautifully. I also care for my husband and father, both of whom are in wheelchairs. The back storage space is great for the wheelchairs and walkers.

Love it!
By Jessica on 06/25/10 08:12 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV 4WD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Just traded my 2009 Toyota Camry in for this wonderful SUV and I absolutely love it! I feel like I have tons of room, endless storage space,it handles very well, and it is a very smooth ride. I got the Base model, and although it doesn't come with any upgraded features (GPS, backup camera assist, etc.) it is the greatest car I have ever had! I did some research on the Ford Escape and Honda CR-V, and I think I made the greatest decision ever!

I absolutely LOVE my new RAV4!
By Jessica D. on 06/24/10 13:27 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV 4WD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I just traded in my 2009 Toyota Camry LE for a 2010 RAV4 4WD Base model. I must say, I do not miss my Camry at all! The RAV4 is great. It drives so smoothly, handles well, looks awesome. I guess the only drawback (compared to say the Camry) would be the quality of the interior. The RAV is very nice looking, but the Camry is more "luxury" on the inside. I suppose if I would have gotten the Sport or Limited it would be a little fancier. Still, it's a great looking car. I did quite a bit of comparing to the Ford Escape and Honda CR-V, and Toyota tops them both!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Toyota RAV4 in VA is:

$122 per month*