Used 2010 Toyota RAV4 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Toyota RAV4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:

Upgraded to Rav4 from 2005 Nissan Altima
By Rav4_Lover

2010 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Being upgraded from 2005 Nissan Altima (Sedan). This is my first ever new car in my life. I love my Rav4 for the roominess, comfort & great performance. Fun & Steady driving. My family loves it. I4cyl has great power in it compared to CR-V. Had to return the Sport model, as the sport tuned suspension did not give a comfortable ride for the rear seated passengers.

Extra storage beneath the cargo area, full-size spare tire on the back door, best cargo space in compact suv segment, powerful engine for a i4cyl, great fuel economy, sturdy exteriors,

Cheap interiors, Make v6 as an option rather than a separate model. Missing Charcoal/Black carpets & seats.

Test drive for a long time
By amy

2010 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am 5'7" and have a long torso - seat is so uncomfortable I am going to physical therapy. Neck and shoulder pain while driving is horrible. Bumpy ride felt more so on newly paved roads for some reason. It feels like the wheels are not balanced or aligned properly or something. Online research regarding same showed numerous people have same problems with seat being uncomfortable and bumpy ride. Don't limit yourself to the 5 mile or so test drive that the sales rep "allows" you. I regretted buying this car after about a week. Also, stereo is bland and low end.

V6 - that's it. And you can get that on any number of cars

fix bumpy ride and stop telling owners there is nothing wrong when they're clearly IS. Better stereo, bluetooth. BETTER SEATS and MORE adjustment options. Make steering wheel able to be pulled closer like honda does (tilt is not enough). Headrests that don't push top of head forward

Really Like The Rav
By bg1811

2010 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I just leased a 2010 RAV4 Limited FWD I-4 last week (for my wife). I was concerned about some of the negative comments about this vehicle. I leased it in New Orleans and then drove it 570 miles back to my home in Kentucky. I drove up US 61 through the Delta to keep from driving a constant speed on the interstate. My car is a 2007 Cadillac Escalade and I didn't find this car to be any louder than the Caddy. I got 29.7 mpg which I think is great. I also found the seats to be very comfortable. The interior trim is very acceptable for this price range IMO.

The no key door unlocking system was something I really enjoyed (now I wish the Caddy had that feature).

Add a Home Link garage door feature. I can't remember the last car that we had without that feature.

My rav
By mike

2010 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I love its design which is both fun and classy. Toyota doesn't need to resort to cheap tricks to get a higher selling price for a quality vehicle. The interior is perfectly designed (and I believe other manufacturers like Hyundai have taken note of this). This vehicle handles curves almost like a sport car. The radio lighting is a little dim during the day which is awkward but at night the interior lighting is a show in itself. Its classy, its all-purpose, mileage could be better but worth the trade-off for its response. Luv it!

Interior Lighting. Sleek, classy build and ROOM!

Improve mileage to 33 or above and you'll sell 'em all! Make Colored side mirrors with turn signals, colored door handles and fender flares standard. Maybe better speakers in base model.

Glad I bought it
By Jazzman

2010 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I traded in my 04 RAV4 and considered CR-V (I owned a 98 CR-V), Outback, and Equinox. I finally chose the RAV for the V6, reliability, gas mileage and space. Also, they were dealing at the time because of the media blitz about unintended acceleration. This car gets about 1 mpg better than my older 4 cylinder RAV and is much faster and roomier. It's definitely built light weight, the body panels seem pretty thin from the outside. I have no road noise complaints after driving two other small crossovers for the last 12 years; it's noticeably quieter than those. When my commute was largely freeway I got 24 mpg (actual). Now I drive short stop and go hilly trips at 4200 ft elevation and get 22.

Combination of space, power, and gas mileage. I'm quite surprised at how much I like the keyless entry/ignition and Bluetooth integration. These are gadgets that came in the Limited package and I probably would not have paid for them if given a choice. I'll never have a car without them now.

The interior/exterior styling is just okay. The pod that holds the window switches can cut into my left knee when I drive long distances and move around. The ride is good but the handling is wallowy. I didn't want the run-flat tires that came with the Sport suspension.

• SUV