Used 2010 Toyota RAV4 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Toyota RAV4

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:

Not bad
By Earl

2010 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Just purchased so I cannot comment on reliability but only initial observations. Car feels more solid than other cars in class. Doors have a definite "thunk". Drives easily like a smaller car but has lots of room in both front and back seats. Standard features cover most of the important items like AC, power windows/locks, window tint. Really nice suspension that absorbs most bumps and breaks in the road. 4 cylinder feels torquey but definitely does not have wow factor. Test drove 6 cylinder and it had really good power but hesitated to downshift at highway speeds. I am hearing some rattling from the rear of the car which is troubling for a new car.

Favorite Features

One touch rear seat folding. Very convenient. Sliding and reclining rear seat is awesome. Abundant cargo space. Styling is not too girlie like CRV and some other small SUVs. Excellent gas mileage for car of this size.

Suggested Improvements

Bluetooth controls are not within easy reach and not well integrated to stereo. Rear seats are not very comfortable. Would not want to sit in back for long ride.

Test drive for a long time
By amy

2010 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am 5'7" and have a long torso - seat is so uncomfortable I am going to physical therapy. Neck and shoulder pain while driving is horrible. Bumpy ride felt more so on newly paved roads for some reason. It feels like the wheels are not balanced or aligned properly or something. Online research regarding same showed numerous people have same problems with seat being uncomfortable and bumpy ride. Don't limit yourself to the 5 mile or so test drive that the sales rep "allows" you. I regretted buying this car after about a week. Also, stereo is bland and low end.

Favorite Features

V6 - that's it. And you can get that on any number of cars

Suggested Improvements

fix bumpy ride and stop telling owners there is nothing wrong when they're clearly IS. Better stereo, bluetooth. BETTER SEATS and MORE adjustment options. Make steering wheel able to be pulled closer like honda does (tilt is not enough). Headrests that don't push top of head forward

Disappointed
By Dave

2010 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After 3,500 I am amending my review, and I now regret my purchase. Recall issues aside, I have a Denso pedal and my car is not on the list, I am beginning to think that Toyota's quality problems are not limited to the recalled parts. The transmission shifts abruptly at low speed, my driver's door handle sticks, my breaks squeak, rough idle, and my gas mileage stinks (best 23.5 on the highway at speed limit). When I was at Toyota for a recall inspection, I told the service manager and he replied, "Try putting premium gas in," which the owner's manual says not to do. I paid too much money to be driving a vehicle reminiscent of a Ford.

Favorite Features

I still like the powerful V6, and 4 wheel drive. I drove in loose sand on the beach with ease.

Suggested Improvements

Refocus on quality!

Rav 4 sucks
By rav4_sucks

2010 Toyota RAV4 Sport 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have had this car for a year and a half. Toyota is the worst company to deal with. After 7,000 miles the brakes made a garggiling sound and would not come to a complete stop. I have my wife and kids in the car up in the mountains on a sunday afternoon. Called Toyota and they wanted to charge me $500.00 to tow the car to a dealership. Towing NOT covered under bumper to bumper. Also the tires on the car only lasted 22,000 miles. The radio will turn its self off for no reason. All the dash lites go on and off then the car dies. BIGGEST PIECE EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would not [non-permissible content removed] with a Toyota driver manual. (it wont get the job done) MAJOR FAIL TOYOTA

Suggested Improvements

EVERYTHING

so far so good
By chris thieme

2010 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

We like the vehicle,it was bought for my wife) it was a toss up between this and the Honda. I have a Camry v6 and get around 25 28 mpg the RAV4 4cyl only 24mpg so far. the odometer is a great disappointment. cant get trip mileage (Aor B)and odometer mileage at the same time, and what is with the flashing mpg setting that jumps all around (could have been better thought out.

Favorite Features

easy in and out, great cargo space, fun to drive

Suggested Improvements

Fix the odometer cluster