2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:
Rav4 First
By Donny Boy on 09/03/10 18:09 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

First Rav4 after a Camry for six years with nothing but routine maintenance. Hope to get the same from the Rav. Comparing the SUV to the Camry car is like apples and oranges. They have there own values. Enjoying the Rav as the vehicle it should be. Has some road noise and a rougher road ride because of the Sport suspension and larger tires. There is trade off. All wheel drive, firmer suspension, safer vehicle for us who travel in winter climates and the build quality where it counts is there. You want a Caddy ride buy one. You want quality and a fun road safety vehicle SUV buy a RAV4.

4WD Corolla
By Steve on 09/01/10 21:06 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Being a car freak, it's not hard to choose the 3.5 L RAV4 Sport over its competition. Somehow, I can't feel there are 268 HP under the hood, maybe because of the weight of the vehicle. On the other hand, it really handles the curves well (in fact, handles better than my Lexus IS350), thanks to the sports-tuned suspension.

Bumpy Ride - Sports Model
By Kumar on 09/01/10 13:04 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Hi, I am very disappointed with the bumpy ride for my sports model with the flat- free tires. I am not sure if it is the tires or the suspension. Very annoying! Very annoying! Feels like I am sitting on some vibrator when going over normal road bumps. It needs a perfectly smooth road to provide a smooth experience - Just not possible.

Rav4
By Lynn on 08/25/10 17:03 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I really like the rav4 with the exception of the road noise. It is extremely loud. I would not recommend this vehicle for that reason. I will be getting rid of mine as soon as I can.

2002 bad valve guides -- expensive!
By KERRY on 08/25/10 08:05 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The car is leased. Traded in a 2002 Buick Rendezvous with 100,000 miles on it. Only have 2,500 on the Rav4 sofar. It is a fun car to drive. The V6 is powerful and the steering very responsive. I'm a little larger in size than some and the on drivers' door the ridge that extends out gives me some trouble. Wouldn't mind it being flatter for more leg room. If I put the seat all the way down it works better for me. MPG has averaged out at 23.4 all around on the gauge. Best MPG so far 27 MPG going from Illinois to Mackinac, MI; averaging 65 -70 MPH. I would say the A/C definitely holds the MPG down about 2 MPG with constant use during the recent 90+ weather here. JBL speakers are great.

Good Small SUV - minor irritations
By jtv1000 on 08/23/10 09:43 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Wife and I bought new RAV4 in May. Got the 3rd row seat option as we have two small boys. Seems like the usual Toyota quality from a mechanical standpoint. Ample power and interior room. 3rd row seats will only work for children in the younger than 10 year range. Not a lot of leg room between 2nd & 3rd row, but lots of different configuration options with 2&3 row seating. Negatives include interior door panels on driver & passenger side that encroach leg space. Some discoloration on the edges of panel because of leg rubbing - very irritating for a brand new car. Dash display button on steering wheel is unnecessary. Top glove box storage bin feels cheap. Good car overall.

High pitched sound between 38-40 mph
By bem521 on 08/12/10 20:00 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have just purchased my new limited rav 4 6cylinder about 2 weeks ago. I love having this SUV but I do hear a very annoying noise when i drive between 38-40. It sounds like a high pitched ringing noise. Has anyone else noticed this problem with their rav? I seem to think it is related to the transmission. I once owned a jetta v6 and I had the same problem with that car. It was a complete nightmare. They had a batch of bad transmissions replaced it twice and still no good. Finally bought the car back from me but lost money. I hope this is not the case with my rav 4 but if anyone else has noticed this sound I would love to hear from you. Thanks

Satisfied
By langi on 08/09/10 18:26 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I had a Honda before. I bought the Toyota Rav 4 after a long review and test drive. I am satisfied with all aspects. Only change might be with the motor revving for a short period when starting the 4 cylinder engine. It takes getting accustomed to this. I would recommend the vehicle to anyone commuting or having to take short trips.

dojos
By Anonymous on 08/07/10 05:39 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Searched for several months for an SUV, needed a larger vehicle than my old sedan also considered the 2010 models equinox, Honda pilot, Toyota Highlander and 4runner. After test driving all of them, narrowed down to the rav4 and Highlander. Loved the 4runner but it was over my budget, the 2010 highlander had a huge visibility issue when looking through the rear window but to opt. For backup cam was a 2grand price jump and bad body lean on curves, came down the offramp and I felt like I was gonna fall off my seat. Rav4 had the same v6, fully loaded around 32k so got the rav4. Visibility is great didn't really need the backup cam. Mpg is averaging 21.5 city not bad yet to get highway mpg. 1000 miles driven.

1,000 Miles So Far
By Nick B on 08/03/10 18:05 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I traded a 2002 manual honda civic for the RAV4 because we had a baby and needed a bigger car. I love the power upgrade from the civic, V-6 is a big jump in hp for my daily driving. It doesn't take the corners like a car, but it does handle fairly well with the sport suspension and larger wheels. We were almost ready to buy the CR-V, but the power of the V-6 sold me. So far I'm averaging 21.5 mpg, pretty good mix of highway and city with the A/C on all the time because it's been hot. Also drive on the more heavier footed side of average, not crazy, but more pedal than probably about 3/4 of the people out there. Overall its a nice car so far.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Toyota RAV4 Suv in VA is:

$121 per month*