2010 Toyota RAV4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:
First Toyota product
By y22zzaa on 09/30/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota RAV4 Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Over a 10 year period (between wife & I), i have driven the following; Ford Escape (2004), Honda CRV (2006), and a Subaru Impreza (AWD, 2008). Of course i am bias but as of right now, this Toyota is far superior. Also looked at the Subaru forester turbo but dealership was not willing to deal. Thankfully, because then i drove over to Toyota and realized that for me, this is a much better fit. It is not perfect but for the price and what it is, it comes close. As of right now, i am getting about 1 mpg less than my 170 HP AWD Subaru! BUT i have 100 more HP! And i love tapping into it. Also, my insurance premium dropped by $1/month!

Love this fun little SUV!
By Sparks on 09/30/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

First of all I have to say I was hesitant to get a Toyota after the whole ordeal and was on my way to sign on the CR-V but decided on my way to stop at the Toyota dealer on the way. WELL, I leased a limited RAV4 got it with NAV and Bluetooth. It is SO comfortable and has so much power! we took it on a road trip to the smoky mountains carrying 4 adults and my 2 years old. everyone were comfortable and happy. the car did well on the mountains road. Very impressed with the V-6 power and the smooth ride. the car is very responsive and fun to drive. I also wanted to mention that I got the maintenance package with it and it even includes free oil changes and car washes! Well done Toyota!

My Second Rav4
By Xiam on 09/26/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV 4WD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

My 2007 RAV4 had zero issues in 40K+ miles. Even the original brakes and tires were still serviceable. The 2010 has a few welcome pluses - More power on less gas [we'll see]; a scuff plate on the rear bumper and a nice mpg readout. Sure, the ride's a little jiggly and the driver's seat not too comfy after an hour or two, and the idle's rough with the A/C on, and that weird tailgate doesn't open like all the others - BUT - There's plenty of space for 4/5 adults OR a lot of cargo with the seats down. About 25 mpg average; over 30 on the road. Plenty of zip, even with the I4/4 speed power train.

Not a Sienna
By Charlene on 09/24/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Decided to downsize from a 2005 Sienna XLE to reduce monthly payment & improve gas mileage. Toyota was offering $199 lease & with taxes,etc am paying $252 per month. Averaging 24 mpg (Sienna 15-18) Seats comfortable but ride is very bumpy. Front seat area feels cramped. Headrests force me to sit with seat back out of my comfort zone to avoid sitting with my neck thrust forward. Poor placement of cup holders. Doors do not lock automatically. Quick handling. Good storage in back. Occasional squeaks in dashboard. Occasional grinding sound when braking. This is my 4th Toyota in 16 years & my least favorite. I purchased this rather than a car so we could haul things easily.

Love My RAV4!
By Freckles on 09/21/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I highly recommend buyers first rent this vehicle and drive it on a weekend trip. That's how I fell in love with mine. I narrowed my selection down to a RAV4 and a Nissan Rogue. The RAV4 is much roomier - my kids feel the back seat is very spacious. My RAV is fun to drive and comfortable and the interior looks more "rich" than the Rogue. My only complaint is that the majority of the Toyota dealerships we called were not willing to come down much off the sticker and in fact some were quite arrogant about their pricing.

Feel every bump on the road - buy sports
By Kumar on 09/18/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota RAV4 Sport 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Don't buy unless you want to feel every bump on the road - The sports model with Flat-Free tire has a very noticeable bumpy ride. At this it is very annoying, with the vehicle wobbling, driver shaking like he has convulsions. Works well on a smooth and even road, which is not realistic to expect. This ride quality does even come close to 10-year old Camry and 4-year old Sienna.

Versatility - The RAV4 is You!
By maxi on 09/16/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV 4WD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This my second RAV4. Since my 2007 model, Toyota has improved the engine - more power, less gas, a LOT smoother. It's comfy for 4 or 5 adults with plenty of legroom; extremely roomy and useful cargo carrier with the seats down. With a light foot, it will top 30mpg on the road; about 25mpg average in mixed driving. Dull interior; this is a Base model but even the pricey Limited isn't much better. The ride is still a little jiggly, but it corners much better than you'd expect. Excellent brakes and steering, too. Solid build quality. I got a great lease deal on it; much cheaper than the used SUVs I was looking at.

Vibrates on the Highway
By BJ on 09/12/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV 4WD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought the Base Rav4 in August, 2010. Everything is great, except it vibrates a lot and is very noticeable, especially at speeds greater than 50. The Dealership tried to help and rebalanced the wheels for me. It did not help. At the dealership, the service manager and I test drove another new Rav4 and it did the same thing. Called Customer Care at Toyota, and their expert said that they are just made that way and to get used to it. So, I am looking to trade it in soon. And our 2005 Camry vibrated if the wheels were not perfectly balance. This will be my last Toyota. They have gotten way too big and quality issues are popping up and they and really don't care.

Vibrates on the highway
By BJ on 09/11/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV 4WD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I almost did not buy a Rav4 due to concerns of Quality going down at Toyota. We had a 2005 Camry that vibrated of the highway if the wheels were not perfectly balanced. Well, I took a chance and got burned big time by Toyota. My 2010 Rav4 vibrates at speeds greater than 50. Other 2010 Rav4s tested at the dealership (after I bought it to compare) also vibrate and Toyota officially told me that they were just built that way. I have come across a couple of nearly identical complaints on the internet. Now I am looking to trade for a SUV that does not vibrate. Toyota could care less, but I would never buy another Toyota.

Good car for the money
By Debbie on 09/08/10 07:01 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Just leased a 2010 rav4 limited. Great car except it has not homelink system, no satellite radio, and no bluetooth, but it does have a nav system. If you can do without those items, great vehicle.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Toyota RAV4 in VA is:

$121 per month*