Used 2010 Toyota RAV4 Consumer Reviews - 130 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Toyota RAV4

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:

4 wheel drive.....not!
By arantslimj12

2010 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV 4WD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

We bought the 2010 Rav4 base model 4 cylinder because we owned a 2003 4runner and wanted better gas milage. the Rav4 boasted 21 to 27 miles per gallon. Yeah right! More like 21 all the time! Also the "4 wheel drive" isnt really 4 wheel drive. It is only active until you reach 25 mile per hour! Then it's just a two wheel drive. And did i mention the suspension? It was sooooo stiff you get beat up in the drivers set day in and day out. Over all i was very disappointed and paid wayyyy too much for this thing! it just felt so cheap! Well we traded it in this week for a 2009 Subaru Forester!

The fold down rear seat area.

Better interior quality, increase the towing capacity, soften the ride suspension.

RAV4 SPORT, awesome value, just a glitch
By gar7

2010 Toyota RAV4 Sport 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Check engine light issue, will be covered by warranty.
Excellent ride and handling for the SPORT model !
Does exactly what it says it will !!
Handles corners well, hugs the road and toes not tilt in the curves.

SUSPENSION! Cornering! Handling!

Needs body side moulding as standard, and rear deck cover. Hitch and lights hookup. After all it is a SPORT model. Better quality in the fuel and vapor canister systems, cause ENGINE Light. Code P2401 which locks it in 4WD, anti-slip mode and uses more fuel.

Great Value Vehicle-Terrible Bluetooth Instructions!
By hysteria

2010 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

My wife and I both love this vehicle.
We've taken it on 2 very long trips and it perfoms great.
We get over 26 mpg.
Our only gripe is that the bluetooth instructions in the owner's manual are complete garbage! I've had to take it to the dealer 3 times to get the bluetooth working.
The rep at the dealership (who told me she had to "go to school to learn how to program phones for Toyota's bluetooth technology) had major problems trying to get our phones synched up.
It took her over 40 minutes to get it working.
She also stated NOT to follow the owner's manual instructions. What should be an easy application made difficult by Toyota's good for nothing instructions.

Reliability, good ride, nice lines, decent gas mileage.

Fix the piece of &%*! Bluetooth Section of the owner's manual. When I went to the dealership only one person there could help me. All the others said they had no idea how to program the bluetooth technology. If dealerships cannot understand it and recommend not using that section of the manual, what does that tell you?

Happy with my purchase!
By lindseym1

2010 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I got my 2010 RAV4 this September so it's only been 3 months but so far, so good. I traded in my 2004 RAV4, which I did enjoy driving as well. The 2010 is much roomier. I love how the backseat folds down so easily (I had to take the seats out in the '04), there is a lot of room in the back, and the drive itself is great- smooth and not a lot of road noise. My main complaints are the cupholders and lack of change drawer! I drive 50/50 highway/city and get ~22mpg. I wish this could be higher but I have the V6, 4 wheel drive so I guess that comes with the territory!

Comfortable seats, smooth drive, not a lot of road noise, roomy, easy to fold down seats (and they fold into the floor, providing a lot of room)

Change cupholders so they can be adjusted to beverage container size, put change drawer back to the left of the wheel

awesome car, glad I got v6 and 4x4
By jtreeclimber

2010 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We are a toyota family, going back to 1966 and my dad's 67 Corona. I couldn't decide between the forester, rav4 and the honda crv. What convinced me to get my rav4 was that it was the only one with a v6. We just drove our rav4 to Palm Springs, California and back, from Tacoma. We had 4 people and at least 500 pounds of climbing gear both inside the car, and on top of the rack. We averaged around 21 to 23 miles a gallon to LA and back. The car has a ton of power, and can cruise at 80 all day, even uphill and loaded down. With nokian happelita studded tires it is a tiger in the snow. 6000 on the odometer and perfect so far. You can sleep stretched out in the back. Best car I've ever had.

storage room! It's bigger inside than it looks. The rack on top will accept a plywood board, to add lots more stuff tied down. Love the v6, wish it was easier to find them without the 4x4, but that is handy in snow. It's super nice to have power with a heavy load. Outside temp readout is sweet. The swing sideways backdoor is cool, though I miss the awning effect in rain. The car looks sweet, great design. Did I mention I like the big engine? I would gladly trade the few miles per gallon for the amazing driving performance of this thing. Fun to drive! The fit and finish is very tight, outside and in.

stick shift. Padded elbow rests in the doors. Make the front of the car bigger so the engine isn't so cramped, I'd hate to have to work on this car....the v6 is really packed in there tightly. Because of the lack of rain gutters, and better door seal rubber, the rain drips right onto the seat when the doors are open. I think it is because the car is narrower at the top, so the rain runs off the roof, and onto the seat when doors are open. Not a deal breaker, but kinda' dumb. Harder rubber, or even steel on the back bumper stand plate. Standing on it scratched the heck out of it. More comfortable head rests.