Used 2010 Toyota RAV4 Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:

Love this car
By jmg

2010 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I am 4' 11" short, and was driving my husband's Solara 2 door coupe for 2 years. I couldn't see over the hood, out the back window, or on the sides. I wanted a car I could see out of, park, and back up without hitting every curb in sight. I never thought I could drive an SUV. I absolutely love this car. I can get in and out of it easily; I can see everything from my high perch, and it handles beautifully. I also care for my husband and father, both of whom are in wheelchairs. The back storage space is great for the wheelchairs and walkers.

Favorite Features

My favorite features are the short front end, flat back, and side opening back door.

Suggested Improvements

I haven't owned it long enough to be familiar with everything, so I am not yet sure of what improvements I would suggest.

Unusual Engine Noise
By papaz

2010 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is our first SUV, we like it very much. But we are having an unusual noise coming from the engine compartment coasting at 32-28 mph. (similar to posting on 5/26/10). I brought the car to the dealer and had a tech ride along with me and he heard the noise but was unable to pin point where it was coming from. They have the car now and will do more testing to locate the problem(s). Is there any more of you that is having this problem? Let Toyota know.Thanks. Vehicle is great but the noise is disturbing, don't want my wife to get stranded somewhere.

Love this vehicle!
By Marilyn

2010 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is my 5th Toyota and probably the most fun and most economical one I've owned so far. I bought it off the lot with the options that came with it and I was very pleased that it came with more than just basic options. It is great on gas, handles very well, easy to maneuver, surprisingly great pep for a 4 cylinder, tons of cargo space and storage, very user friendly with all dash controls and love the design and the Pacific Blue metallic is a beautiful color. I love that the rear door opens to the side rather than raise like a hatch-back, it makes loading and unloading so much easier. The only complaint I have would be that it didn't come with the rearview camera.

Favorite Features

The overall look and performance of the vehicle are outstanding. It is so much fun to drive and doesn't drain my wallet. A lot of thought went into the design of the vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

It would be nice if the rearview camera was standard equipment and the pockets in the front doors could be a little bit wider to accommodate water bottles, etc. Also it would be helpful if there were an extra set of anchoring hooks on the floor in the corners by the back door.

Really pleased
By AndrewE

2010 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Test drove this and Subaru Forester. Rav4 was miles ahead in comfort. Dealer was easy to work with and lease deal was better than any competition. Have driven 5000 mi. 3 things stand out to me a) it has good pickup for a 4 cyl, and corners really well. b) I am getting @28 mpg on average, not just highway, on some long trips I get 30. c) cabin features are real nice; decent stereo, lots of ergonomic storage. Biggest negative is high road noise at higher speeds. Changing out the OEM tires is probably first place to start. second negative is how many times Toyota keeps contacting me to ask about my experience(@ 20 emails and 2-3 phone calls). They should just focus on building cars.

Favorite Features

Handling, Gas mileage, cabin features and storage compartments, fold down rear seats also recline. Can carry lots of stuff.

Suggested Improvements

Needs quieter ride, drivers side window control doesn't always work right(lowers all the way rather than partially, even with light touch). Visibility when reversing impeded by headrest. Has 3 12v outlets, all awkwardly located. Seating for 3rd person in rear seat is ok but belts are very crowded.

Love this car
By jt

2010 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I just purchased this car a couple of weeks ago and really love it! It's fun to drive, has ample acceleration, and has a great ride. Love the roomy interior and storage in the back.

Favorite Features

Color. acceleration, quiet cabin, quiet ride, smooth ride, comfort.

Suggested Improvements

larger radio display for xm and Sirius radio. takes a little time to get to each station. upgrade the speakers.