Used 2010 Toyota RAV4 Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:

Not a Sienna
By Charlene

2010 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Decided to downsize from a 2005 Sienna XLE to reduce monthly payment & improve gas mileage. Toyota was offering $199 lease & with taxes,etc am paying $252 per month. Averaging 24 mpg (Sienna 15-18) Seats comfortable but ride is very bumpy. Front seat area feels cramped. Headrests force me to sit with seat back out of my comfort zone to avoid sitting with my neck thrust forward. Poor placement of cup holders. Doors do not lock automatically. Quick handling. Good storage in back. Occasional squeaks in dashboard. Occasional grinding sound when braking. This is my 4th Toyota in 16 years & my least favorite. I purchased this rather than a car so we could haul things easily.

Favorite Features

MP3 jack, exterior design, reclining back seats, rear storage, rear door, under floor storage, ease of loading/unloading rear, size.

Suggested Improvements

Headrests need to be overhauled, currently unacceptable. Smoother ride. Better gas mileage. Automatic locks.

Good Small SUV - minor irritations
By jtv1000

2010 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Wife and I bought new RAV4 in May. Got the 3rd row seat option as we have two small boys. Seems like the usual Toyota quality from a mechanical standpoint. Ample power and interior room. 3rd row seats will only work for children in the younger than 10 year range. Not a lot of leg room between 2nd & 3rd row, but lots of different configuration options with 2&3 row seating. Negatives include interior door panels on driver & passenger side that encroach leg space. Some discoloration on the edges of panel because of leg rubbing - very irritating for a brand new car. Dash display button on steering wheel is unnecessary. Top glove box storage bin feels cheap. Good car overall.

Favorite Features

Flexibility with the 3rd row seating. Good MPG. Like the swing out rear door, but won't work with on street parking

Suggested Improvements

Reconfigure interior door panels so they don't encroach on driver and passenger leg space. Use solid colored interior molding rather than painted plastic - if you have paint rub off within 5 months of buying a new car - you get to see the problem every day and not think good things about Toyota.

Satisfied
By langi

2010 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I had a Honda before. I bought the Toyota Rav 4 after a long review and test drive. I am satisfied with all aspects. Only change might be with the motor revving for a short period when starting the 4 cylinder engine. It takes getting accustomed to this. I would recommend the vehicle to anyone commuting or having to take short trips.

Favorite Features

The displays are easy to read. The all around comfort level is nice. Storage compartments are really a great feature.

Suggested Improvements

The stock sound system is adequate, but it could be of better quality.

Fun to drive
By RT

2010 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Very well built, fun to drive, efficient. This Rav4 is everything we expected and then some. More room in inside than it looks on the outside.

Favorite Features

fuel efficient, fun to drive, not expensive for what you get.

Suggested Improvements

none

Great little SUV
By nana

2010 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Searched and researched for 10 months before purchasing my Rav 4. I haven't regretted buying it for even one second! Average mileage is 27.7 combined over the life of the vehicle. Four cylinder has plenty of pep. Love having a hatch that hinges on the side as I am very petite.

Favorite Features

Driver seat can be raised or lowered. Side hinged hatch is easy to use.

Suggested Improvements

Sound system speakers are not the best quality. Kind of "tinny" sounding. Had better speakers in my Ford Ranger.