2010 Toyota RAV4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:
Love this car
By jmg on 07/05/10 18:10 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I am 4' 11" short, and was driving my husband's Solara 2 door coupe for 2 years. I couldn't see over the hood, out the back window, or on the sides. I wanted a car I could see out of, park, and back up without hitting every curb in sight. I never thought I could drive an SUV. I absolutely love this car. I can get in and out of it easily; I can see everything from my high perch, and it handles beautifully. I also care for my husband and father, both of whom are in wheelchairs. The back storage space is great for the wheelchairs and walkers.

Unusual Engine Noise
By papaz on 06/17/10 01:58 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is our first SUV, we like it very much. But we are having an unusual noise coming from the engine compartment coasting at 32-28 mph. (similar to posting on 5/26/10). I brought the car to the dealer and had a tech ride along with me and he heard the noise but was unable to pin point where it was coming from. They have the car now and will do more testing to locate the problem(s). Is there any more of you that is having this problem? Let Toyota know.Thanks. Vehicle is great but the noise is disturbing, don't want my wife to get stranded somewhere.

Love this vehicle!
By Marilyn on 06/08/10 20:31 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is my 5th Toyota and probably the most fun and most economical one I've owned so far. I bought it off the lot with the options that came with it and I was very pleased that it came with more than just basic options. It is great on gas, handles very well, easy to maneuver, surprisingly great pep for a 4 cylinder, tons of cargo space and storage, very user friendly with all dash controls and love the design and the Pacific Blue metallic is a beautiful color. I love that the rear door opens to the side rather than raise like a hatch-back, it makes loading and unloading so much easier. The only complaint I have would be that it didn't come with the rearview camera.

Really pleased
By AndrewE on 05/30/10 09:12 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Test drove this and Subaru Forester. Rav4 was miles ahead in comfort. Dealer was easy to work with and lease deal was better than any competition. Have driven 5000 mi. 3 things stand out to me a) it has good pickup for a 4 cyl, and corners really well. b) I am getting @28 mpg on average, not just highway, on some long trips I get 30. c) cabin features are real nice; decent stereo, lots of ergonomic storage. Biggest negative is high road noise at higher speeds. Changing out the OEM tires is probably first place to start. second negative is how many times Toyota keeps contacting me to ask about my experience(@ 20 emails and 2-3 phone calls). They should just focus on building cars.

Love this car
By jt on 03/29/10 18:43 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I just purchased this car a couple of weeks ago and really love it! It's fun to drive, has ample acceleration, and has a great ride. Love the roomy interior and storage in the back.

expected more from toyota
By ksywa on 03/12/10 17:59 PM (PST)

2010 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Our new rav4 is driven in the suburbs, so far just little over 350 miles. Already there are some rattles in passengers side doors. Where is Toyota's legendary quality? Fuel economy could be better my average for now is 20.6 mpg. Seats not very comfortable. Still I do love design, plenty of storage compartments. Very functional interior. Four cylinder has sufficient power. I like the spare tire on the back.

so far so good
By chris thieme on 03/11/10 12:25 PM (PST)

2010 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

We like the vehicle,it was bought for my wife) it was a toss up between this and the Honda. I have a Camry v6 and get around 25 28 mpg the RAV4 4cyl only 24mpg so far. the odometer is a great disappointment. cant get trip mileage (Aor B)and odometer mileage at the same time, and what is with the flashing mpg setting that jumps all around (could have been better thought out.

Awful Fuel Economy
By Frank on 01/29/10 14:27 PM (PST)

2010 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

My choices were either a CRV (our old vehicle) or a RAV. We decided to go with the RAV and we are in general happy with our decision, especially since we got a good deal on the price. The main problem is the fuel economy. On my first fuel refill, it was 14mpg. So far, I have not been able to get more than 18mpg between refills. I asked the dealer to check it and apparently they can only do this in the summer. They also told me that the winter mpg is supposedly less, but an average of 14 - 18 mpg is a joke. In comparison, my 1999 Honda CRV averages 20 mpg. I only have about 800 miles on the RAV and the mpg may just improve with use (I certainly hope it does).

Not bad
By Earl on 01/26/10 21:41 PM (PST)

2010 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Just purchased so I cannot comment on reliability but only initial observations. Car feels more solid than other cars in class. Doors have a definite "thunk". Drives easily like a smaller car but has lots of room in both front and back seats. Standard features cover most of the important items like AC, power windows/locks, window tint. Really nice suspension that absorbs most bumps and breaks in the road. 4 cylinder feels torquey but definitely does not have wow factor. Test drove 6 cylinder and it had really good power but hesitated to downshift at highway speeds. I am hearing some rattling from the rear of the car which is troubling for a new car.

rav 4 brakes
By minky on 01/07/10 05:05 AM (PST)

2010 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Vehicle drives well, better that expected, mileage around 19-20 MPG in city, 24-26 on the highway. The brakes are very spongy and low, if you have a big foot, gas/brake peddle combination possible. Scary on icy roads. The brakes take too long to engage unless pumped up. First time back to the dealer's for problem NTF. I am back for a more comprehensive analysis and am awaiting the out come. I am told it is the nature of the beast with disc brakes all around, Not Happy...

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Toyota RAV4 in VA is:

$122 per month*