Used 2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV Consumer Reviews - 130 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:

Great buy under $30,000
By NErealtor

2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Previously owned a 98 olds bravada then an 03 chevy trail blazer. Liked both of them a lot. Both drove a little rough like a truck but served me well. I still wanted an SUV or crossover, one under $30,000, but with a little better gas mileage and handling. I test drove the Santa Fe, Tucson, Rogue, Escape, Edge, Outback, Forester, and Equinox. All had nice features, but non left me wanting to drive one home that day. Finally decided to drive the Rav4 and fell in love with it. Husband really likes it too and he doesn't care for suvs. Love the blue color and the V6. It's early, but think I will really like the Rav4. Got it for a good price according to Edmunds. Hope it's great in the snow.

seems well built, love the blue paint, adjustable back seat, plenty of a/c even though no vents in back like larger SUVs, great stereo, blue tooth, control panel looks nice. No blind spots. Leather seats, handles very well and V6 has great get up and go! Push button start is different but fun!

Cup holders barely large enough for my 32 oz cups, but they do fit. Wish the leather came in darker colors because of my kids and dogs. Don't mind the spare tire on the back but other people comment on it at first until they see how nice my RAV4 is and realize the tire isn't a big deal.

Close To The Perfect Car
By MainJane

2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

You've read the rave reviews and already know that the RAV4 is a great car and the best choice in the small SUV class so I won't repeat all of its great qualities. Instead, I'll use this space to point out my 2 main gripes about the vehicle. These are the things that I wish someone had warned me about before I bought. I don't know if it would have changed my mind, but it would have been nice to know. One is the interior noise at speed. Far noisier than a car at this price point should be. Source is mostly road noise, but mechanical and wind are also contributors. Second is handling; not as crisp or responsive as it could be. Please pay attention to both of these issues before you buy.

Tailgate, no spare, Sport trim package

Probably upgraded suspension and minor performance tweaks are all you need, and probably all you can do. Too bad you can't do anything about the road noise.

Fun to drive
By RT

2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Very well built, fun to drive, efficient. This Rav4 is everything we expected and then some. More room in inside than it looks on the outside.

fuel efficient, fun to drive, not expensive for what you get.

none

Great little SUV
By nana

2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Searched and researched for 10 months before purchasing my Rav 4. I haven't regretted buying it for even one second! Average mileage is 27.7 combined over the life of the vehicle. Four cylinder has plenty of pep. Love having a hatch that hinges on the side as I am very petite.

Driver seat can be raised or lowered. Side hinged hatch is easy to use.

Sound system speakers are not the best quality. Kind of "tinny" sounding. Had better speakers in my Ford Ranger.

Great Crossover None Better!
By BBS

2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

We've had our RAV4 Limited about four months now and get 28 to 30 mpg, it's roomy, lay the seats down and carry a lot more than you can imagine. We got the limited with the JBL radio which sounds like a concert, awesome sound. The only complaint is the toyo tires they make some road noise which I plan to change to the Goodyear gas mileage saver tires. Highly recommend the RAV4 you will not be disappointed. We have the 4 cyl and it has plenty of pep. It's simply a "Blast" to Drive!

The JBL radio, unreal sound, it's like driving around in a live concert!

Get some better tires, the OEM's make some road noise, not bad but I can notice it, but turn up that JBL and you won't a hear nothing but great sounding music.