2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:
2010 Toyota RAV4 Limited
By paulm on 12/08/09 08:58 AM (PST)

2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this vehicle two months ago and could not be happier with it. Everything actually works, it's fun to drive, gets decent gas mileage and it was delivered without a scratch or ding on it. I'm hoping to keep it that way. And with the v6, no problems with passing on the highway. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone looking for a new ride.

Wisely chosen
By Peanut on 12/07/09 15:30 PM (PST)

2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We were initially set on getting the base model but after driving the Sport model we were sold on the upgraded version. The V6 almost packs too much punch. We took it on a road trip to LA from Nevada for thanksgiving and it handled extremely well in the rain all the way home. This car has the perfect balance of performance, size and price. My wife says she is happy she doesn't look like a soccer mom driving it; we just had our first child and it is perfect for our small family.

Good small SUV but not perfect
By JJ on 12/03/09 22:58 PM (PST)

2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I needed a 2nd car that is easy to take my 85 year old Mother back and froth to the doctors, shopping and so-on. I looked at the CRV and Forester but the V6 Rav4 Sport with the Sport app Pkg missing the UGLY wort of a spare tire hanging off the back door. I would have passed if it had the spare on the door. Anyway, I ended up getting 3k off sticker price and must say it was worth it. My first car is an Audi A4Q and I had no idea how cheap the poor plastic everything Toyota builds car out of was, my Audi is light years ahead in build quality and dash layout. If you drive easy the 4wd V6 Rav4 gets decent MPG's, I always get 20 in the city and 26 to 29 Hwy. If your heavy on the gas you'll pay.

VERY NICE DESIGN
By Ron on 12/03/09 13:56 PM (PST)

2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My wife and I test drove several cars, SUV's, and Crossovers before settling in on the RAV4. We found it easy for both of us to get in and out. I am 5'11" and my wife is 5'3", yet we can both slide in and out with ease (don't have to grab handles or anything). In the past my wife has been more comfortable driving smaller cars. However, with the RAV4 we both found the visibility exceptional, as well as being very easy to turn and park. We love the cargo room and the easy-to- open rear door. Since this is a vehicle that both of us drive it had to satisfy both of our needs, and it does.

A company with class
By d.garr on 11/23/09 07:02 AM (PST)

2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

My wife has owned her rav 4 since 1998. Honestly water pump and timing only repairs. Those items are minor compared to other car if you know what I mean. I bought the 2010 rav4 4x4 for myself. They handle through any snow and comfort is a 10. Not only that they are roomy inside and the suv handles great on the road. If you want a vechicle that is going to last a long time then look no futher. Toyota workers have built you a high quality running machine with many years of service and safety to you and your family. I have been a long time customer of Toyota and a lot of people won't buy foriegn cars but stop and think for a moment - these cars are built by American workers with families too.

GREATEST CAR I'VE OWNED
By Susan on 11/22/09 05:54 AM (PST)

2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is the greatest car I've owned. Fun to drive, responsive and the gas mileage is better than claimed. I HIGHLY recommend this vehicle. I don't really see why anyone would want the V6. 4 cylinder has plenty of get-up and go.

Nice Quality Ride
By Poisondart on 11/19/09 12:44 PM (PST)

2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I had this beauty for about a month, but I can not stop loving it. It is a very well designed compact, yet roomy, SUV. The vehicle handles extremely well with small turning radius, and the ride is quite smooth for its size. Instrument panel was well lay out with all the buttons/switches located right at your finger tips. Cargo rooms are plenty. The Bluetooth feature is really nice since more and more states are restricting driving and holding cell phone to your ears at the same time. Upgraded tires, and the roof rail make the vehicle more muscular and nicer looking. Test drive one, and you will fall in love with it.

BYE BYE Honda
By Chris on 11/17/09 16:44 PM (PST)

2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have to admit, the V6 is a powerhouse. I opted for the 6 over the 4 and will sacrifice 2 miles per gallon any day. Outside of the truck is a beauty, I didn't like the wheel in the back on the standard model and went right to the Sport edition. The ride is a little hard, but it's ok with me. I am usually a Honda guy, but the truck was too good to pass up. The stereo is pretty good, though I will add a sub woofer. Overall, this was a great purchase and can not wait for snow for the 4 x 4! Trust me folks, it's a winner!

Best Quality Compact SUV
By lvknkt on 11/17/09 11:50 AM (PST)

2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I love the handling of this beauty, the interior is very well laid out with lots of cargo room. Upgraded 17" tire size will definitely help in the winter time. I also love the Blu Logic BlueTooth that come pre-installed on my Rav4, now I can call handsfree, and enjoy MP3 music through the car speakers from my Nokia phone. Test drive this beauty, and you will love it!!!

Great little SUV!!!
By Dave on 11/14/09 07:52 AM (PST)

2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is our 3rd Toyota and I hope this is half as good as our other ones! (2000 4Runner and 2000 Camry). So far we have had the Rav4 about 2 weeks now and it hasn't disappointed us in any way! The V6 is like a rocket. Just a little gas and you are gone! For such a peppy V6 the gas mileage is surprising good. The ride is comfortable and car like. This is my wife's vehicle and she loves to drive it! She didn't want anything too big to drive but she also wanted a large cargo area. The Rav4 nailed it. I hope others enjoy their Rav4 as much as we are enjoying ours so far. Great job Toyota. You did it AGAIN!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Toyota RAV4 Suv in VA is:

$122 per month*