Used 2010 Toyota RAV4 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Toyota RAV4

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:

Great little SUV
By nana

2010 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Searched and researched for 10 months before purchasing my Rav 4. I haven't regretted buying it for even one second! Average mileage is 27.7 combined over the life of the vehicle. Four cylinder has plenty of pep. Love having a hatch that hinges on the side as I am very petite.

Favorite Features

Driver seat can be raised or lowered. Side hinged hatch is easy to use.

Suggested Improvements

Sound system speakers are not the best quality. Kind of "tinny" sounding. Had better speakers in my Ford Ranger.

Great Crossover None Better!
By BBS

2010 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

We've had our RAV4 Limited about four months now and get 28 to 30 mpg, it's roomy, lay the seats down and carry a lot more than you can imagine. We got the limited with the JBL radio which sounds like a concert, awesome sound. The only complaint is the toyo tires they make some road noise which I plan to change to the Goodyear gas mileage saver tires. Highly recommend the RAV4 you will not be disappointed. We have the 4 cyl and it has plenty of pep. It's simply a "Blast" to Drive!

Favorite Features

The JBL radio, unreal sound, it's like driving around in a live concert!

Suggested Improvements

Get some better tires, the OEM's make some road noise, not bad but I can notice it, but turn up that JBL and you won't a hear nothing but great sounding music.

Love this car
By jmg

2010 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I am 4' 11" short, and was driving my husband's Solara 2 door coupe for 2 years. I couldn't see over the hood, out the back window, or on the sides. I wanted a car I could see out of, park, and back up without hitting every curb in sight. I never thought I could drive an SUV. I absolutely love this car. I can get in and out of it easily; I can see everything from my high perch, and it handles beautifully. I also care for my husband and father, both of whom are in wheelchairs. The back storage space is great for the wheelchairs and walkers.

Favorite Features

My favorite features are the short front end, flat back, and side opening back door.

Suggested Improvements

I haven't owned it long enough to be familiar with everything, so I am not yet sure of what improvements I would suggest.

Love it!
By Jessica

2010 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV 4WD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Just traded my 2009 Toyota Camry in for this wonderful SUV and I absolutely love it! I feel like I have tons of room, endless storage space,it handles very well, and it is a very smooth ride. I got the Base model, and although it doesn't come with any upgraded features (GPS, backup camera assist, etc.) it is the greatest car I have ever had! I did some research on the Ford Escape and Honda CR-V, and I think I made the greatest decision ever!

Favorite Features

Stylish, comfortable, very roomy, tons of storage space, can view MPG and temperature

Suggested Improvements

The rear door (for the trunk) is a bit awkward, but other than that it is perfect!!!

I absolutely LOVE my new RAV4!
By Jessica D.

2010 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV 4WD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I just traded in my 2009 Toyota Camry LE for a 2010 RAV4 4WD Base model. I must say, I do not miss my Camry at all! The RAV4 is great. It drives so smoothly, handles well, looks awesome. I guess the only drawback (compared to say the Camry) would be the quality of the interior. The RAV is very nice looking, but the Camry is more "luxury" on the inside. I suppose if I would have gotten the Sport or Limited it would be a little fancier. Still, it's a great looking car. I did quite a bit of comparing to the Ford Escape and Honda CR-V, and Toyota tops them both!

Favorite Features

Stylish, comfortable, smooth ride, roomy, reliable

Suggested Improvements

The trunk door is a little awkward (it opens like a regular door). MPG are decent but not the greatest. Other than that, perfect!