2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:
This is FUN to drive!!
By Ron Klein on 01/20/10 12:56 PM (PST)

2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 1st SUV in many years, but it won't be my last. Previous vehicle was a 2000 Avalon that easily moved past the 100,000 mile mark. The 3rd generation RAV is actually pretty good sized. This vehicle is so much fun to drive. The V-6 sounds great and is really "hot", but fairly economical. A great sound system is enhanced by the access to XM Satellite radio. The solid safety rating (including being surrounded by airbags) is comforting. The Smart Key system has you lamenting the fact that you have to use a key to open your front door in just a few days! I live in a hilly area, but the AWD got around in 7" of fresh snow like it was July.

Good car--dumb interior
By Sue in Colorado on 01/19/10 07:15 AM (PST)

2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Test drove & extensively researched both 2010 RAV4 & CRV before buying--(previously had a 2002 CRV & loved it). Comparison was a tossup, so got a RAV4 mostly just to "try something new". After 2 months...it's a great car, but overall, think I preferred my CRV. RAV4 interior design/quality leaves much to be desired. Biggest letdown is the whole front console/storage/cupholder arrangement--storage room is unhandy and limited; your drink blocks access to some controls & dashboard storage nook; plastic is flimsy; center console too low for an armrest. And if they can dispense with the clunky exterior tire on Sport model--why not on ALL RAV4's??

rav 4 brakes
By minky on 01/07/10 05:05 AM (PST)

2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Vehicle drives well, better that expected, mileage around 19-20 MPG in city, 24-26 on the highway. The brakes are very spongy and low, if you have a big foot, gas/brake peddle combination possible. Scary on icy roads. The brakes take too long to engage unless pumped up. First time back to the dealer's for problem NTF. I am back for a more comprehensive analysis and am awaiting the out come. I am told it is the nature of the beast with disc brakes all around, Not Happy...

Great Snowmobile!
By New England on 01/03/10 10:23 AM (PST)

2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After relocating to New England, I decided to buy a 4-wheel drive and purchased the Rav4 Sport model. After the first major snowfall, I was convinced that I had made the right decision. This terrific car cut through the snow like it was not even there! It's beautiful, responsive, and fun to drive. Also, I like the Toyota reliability. I would recommend this car to anyone who wants a car that is reliable and will take on any type of weather!

A nice value in a basic SUV
By Cheryl in VA on 12/29/09 02:48 AM (PST)

2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Just bought 2010 Base I-4 FWD RAV4. So far, it seems like a good SUV. I had fun driving it on hilly, twisty roads in my area. It had enough pep to merge into traffic on a 65-mph HWY. More energy than expected. The radio is better than some of the reviews I've read, but I'm not one who needs the best audio. Seats are firm; hoping they soften a little with use. The headlights on the RAV4 are surprisingly bright! I rarely had to use my high beams (unusual for me). The rear door needs to be changed to a left- hinge for sale in the U.S. Plenty of storage room. Would like more space to rest my left arm on while driving. Love the exterior design. Even the base model is sporty.

So far so great...
By Dave on 12/23/09 13:46 PM (PST)

2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I just purchased the 2010 RAV4 V6 4x4, and got a heck of a deal too. While I don't love the styling of the RAV, the power that its V6 offers is very impressive. It handles well, and accelerates through traffic with ease. The ride is smooth but the transmission shifts a little rough. Overall, if you can get a good price, the RAV4 V6 is well worth it. I am kind of disappointed that they filled the interior with so many plastic features though. There is no place to store stuff and it feels a little tight. Also they could have put a few more lights on the instruments like on the cruise control.

Rav4 review
By 3puttdoc on 12/22/09 06:28 AM (PST)

2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Went in to Toyota dealer during "Toyotathon" to look at limited edition Rav4. Was disappointed to find no V6 on lot, or at any nearby Toyota dealers. Had already decided that 4 cylinder/4 speed transmission would not do. Test drove Limited 4cyl/4spd transmission at dealers insistence and was blown away. Great pickup and gas mileage has been better than expected. Four speed is perfectly mated to engine and downshifts appropriately for steep hills. Cruises at 65mph with only 2200 RPMs. Perfect commuter vehicle for me. Car performed well in recent Virgina Blizzard/Ice storm. Waved bye bye to lots of pickups in the ditches and trees.

Happy at last
By sandra on 12/21/09 20:03 PM (PST)

2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Love it! Love the back tailgate door swinging out instead of up...much easier to use, especially when your arms are filled with packages. It's comfortable, drives beautifully, great mileage, has a lot of pickup, lots of room. I love the interior and exterior design, plenty of cargo space and compartments. I feel safe in it!

Great Performance, Great Car!
By Snowy New Hampshire on 12/10/09 19:45 PM (PST)

2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my second Toyota Rav4 this fall to prepare for the New England winter! We just had a major snowstorm, and the Rav4 performed flawlessly. I felt perfectly safe at all times, and the Rav4 even navigated unplowed roads and driveways just like they were summer roads! I LOVE THIS CAR!

2010 Toyota RAV4 Limited
By paulm on 12/08/09 08:58 AM (PST)

2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this vehicle two months ago and could not be happier with it. Everything actually works, it's fun to drive, gets decent gas mileage and it was delivered without a scratch or ding on it. I'm hoping to keep it that way. And with the v6, no problems with passing on the highway. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone looking for a new ride.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Toyota RAV4 Suv in VA is:

$121 per month*