Used 2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV Consumer Reviews - 130 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:

High pitched sound between 38-40 mph
By bem521

2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have just purchased my new limited rav 4 6cylinder about 2 weeks ago. I love having this SUV but I do hear a very annoying noise when i drive between 38-40. It sounds like a high pitched ringing noise. Has anyone else noticed this problem with their rav? I seem to think it is related to the transmission. I once owned a jetta v6 and I had the same problem with that car. It was a complete nightmare. They had a batch of bad transmissions replaced it twice and still no good. Finally bought the car back from me but lost money. I hope this is not the case with my rav 4 but if anyone else has noticed this sound I would love to hear from you. Thanks

Satisfied
By langi

2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I had a Honda before. I bought the Toyota Rav 4 after a long review and test drive. I am satisfied with all aspects. Only change might be with the motor revving for a short period when starting the 4 cylinder engine. It takes getting accustomed to this. I would recommend the vehicle to anyone commuting or having to take short trips.

The displays are easy to read. The all around comfort level is nice. Storage compartments are really a great feature.

The stock sound system is adequate, but it could be of better quality.

dojos
By Anonymous

2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Searched for several months for an SUV, needed a larger vehicle than my old sedan also considered the 2010 models equinox, Honda pilot, Toyota Highlander and 4runner. After test driving all of them, narrowed down to the rav4 and Highlander. Loved the 4runner but it was over my budget, the 2010 highlander had a huge visibility issue when looking through the rear window but to opt. For backup cam was a 2grand price jump and bad body lean on curves, came down the offramp and I felt like I was gonna fall off my seat. Rav4 had the same v6, fully loaded around 32k so got the rav4. Visibility is great didn't really need the backup cam. Mpg is averaging 21.5 city not bad yet to get highway mpg. 1000 miles driven.

Powerful v6 barely put foot on gas pedal thinking I'm doing 10 mph looked at the speedo and it was 35. LOL. Love the smartkey though need getting use to cause I keep trying to put keys in ignition only to realize. Oh yeah don't need that anymore:). Buttons are easy to understand and big. Easy fold seats.

Ceiling lining is cheap, felt like thin plastic and is mussy, bends easily also feels like its about to break. I'm actually afraid to push on it, fabric would have been better. No armrest Toyota? Door needs to be hinged on other side. Need better place for tire iron/crowbar makes noises when you hit bumps.

1,000 Miles So Far
By Nick B

2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I traded a 2002 manual honda civic for the RAV4 because we had a baby and needed a bigger car. I love the power upgrade from the civic, V-6 is a big jump in hp for my daily driving. It doesn't take the corners like a car, but it does handle fairly well with the sport suspension and larger wheels. We were almost ready to buy the CR-V, but the power of the V-6 sold me. So far I'm averaging 21.5 mpg, pretty good mix of highway and city with the A/C on all the time because it's been hot. Also drive on the more heavier footed side of average, not crazy, but more pedal than probably about 3/4 of the people out there. Overall its a nice car so far.

Power, space, Toyota's reliability history. Overall this is like the jackknife of vehicles - drives like a car, has a ton of interior room considering the size of the vehicle, and it mixes function, fun, and value better than anything else I've seen.

Fit and finish on the inside. Has been making clicking noises because of the cheaper plastic inside. Not a deal breaker for me, but some may hate it. Also got the sport model with no spare tire - would like a donut at least.

Hard to beat deal
By Pete

2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I just Leased a 2010 RAV4 AWD Limited with a V6 for $330 per month with zero down plus signing fees ($1,625). They bought out the lease on my 2008 WV Passat with 8 months to go with zero cost to me so I basically dropped off one car and drove home with a brand new more expensive vehicle, which to me is a hard to beat deal.

V6 power with 3,500 lbs of towing capacity, lots of room for stuff in the cargo area under floor storage and the one touch fold-flat rear seats.

Nothing yet