Used 2010 Toyota RAV4 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Toyota RAV4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:

2002 bad valve guides -- expensive!
By KERRY

2010 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The car is leased. Traded in a 2002 Buick Rendezvous with 100,000 miles on it. Only have 2,500 on the Rav4 sofar. It is a fun car to drive. The V6 is powerful and the steering very responsive. I'm a little larger in size than some and the on drivers' door the ridge that extends out gives me some trouble. Wouldn't mind it being flatter for more leg room. If I put the seat all the way down it works better for me. MPG has averaged out at 23.4 all around on the gauge. Best MPG so far 27 MPG going from Illinois to Mackinac, MI; averaging 65 -70 MPH. I would say the A/C definitely holds the MPG down about 2 MPG with constant use during the recent 90+ weather here. JBL speakers are great.

Handling, storage, comfortable front seats, reasonable MPG, V6 get up and go.

Cup holders could be better, more accessible. Power riders seat. Quieter tires (intermittent road noise). Power outlets could be more accessible.

Good Small SUV - minor irritations
By jtv1000

2010 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Wife and I bought new RAV4 in May. Got the 3rd row seat option as we have two small boys. Seems like the usual Toyota quality from a mechanical standpoint. Ample power and interior room. 3rd row seats will only work for children in the younger than 10 year range. Not a lot of leg room between 2nd & 3rd row, but lots of different configuration options with 2&3 row seating. Negatives include interior door panels on driver & passenger side that encroach leg space. Some discoloration on the edges of panel because of leg rubbing - very irritating for a brand new car. Dash display button on steering wheel is unnecessary. Top glove box storage bin feels cheap. Good car overall.

Flexibility with the 3rd row seating. Good MPG. Like the swing out rear door, but won't work with on street parking

Reconfigure interior door panels so they don't encroach on driver and passenger leg space. Use solid colored interior molding rather than painted plastic - if you have paint rub off within 5 months of buying a new car - you get to see the problem every day and not think good things about Toyota.

High pitched sound between 38-40 mph
By bem521

2010 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have just purchased my new limited rav 4 6cylinder about 2 weeks ago. I love having this SUV but I do hear a very annoying noise when i drive between 38-40. It sounds like a high pitched ringing noise. Has anyone else noticed this problem with their rav? I seem to think it is related to the transmission. I once owned a jetta v6 and I had the same problem with that car. It was a complete nightmare. They had a batch of bad transmissions replaced it twice and still no good. Finally bought the car back from me but lost money. I hope this is not the case with my rav 4 but if anyone else has noticed this sound I would love to hear from you. Thanks

Satisfied
By langi

2010 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I had a Honda before. I bought the Toyota Rav 4 after a long review and test drive. I am satisfied with all aspects. Only change might be with the motor revving for a short period when starting the 4 cylinder engine. It takes getting accustomed to this. I would recommend the vehicle to anyone commuting or having to take short trips.

The displays are easy to read. The all around comfort level is nice. Storage compartments are really a great feature.

The stock sound system is adequate, but it could be of better quality.

dojos
By Anonymous

2010 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Searched for several months for an SUV, needed a larger vehicle than my old sedan also considered the 2010 models equinox, Honda pilot, Toyota Highlander and 4runner. After test driving all of them, narrowed down to the rav4 and Highlander. Loved the 4runner but it was over my budget, the 2010 highlander had a huge visibility issue when looking through the rear window but to opt. For backup cam was a 2grand price jump and bad body lean on curves, came down the offramp and I felt like I was gonna fall off my seat. Rav4 had the same v6, fully loaded around 32k so got the rav4. Visibility is great didn't really need the backup cam. Mpg is averaging 21.5 city not bad yet to get highway mpg. 1000 miles driven.

Powerful v6 barely put foot on gas pedal thinking I'm doing 10 mph looked at the speedo and it was 35. LOL. Love the smartkey though need getting use to cause I keep trying to put keys in ignition only to realize. Oh yeah don't need that anymore:). Buttons are easy to understand and big. Easy fold seats.

Ceiling lining is cheap, felt like thin plastic and is mussy, bends easily also feels like its about to break. I'm actually afraid to push on it, fabric would have been better. No armrest Toyota? Door needs to be hinged on other side. Need better place for tire iron/crowbar makes noises when you hit bumps.