2010 Toyota RAV4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:
so far so good
By chris thieme on 03/11/10 12:25 PM (PST)

2010 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

We like the vehicle,it was bought for my wife) it was a toss up between this and the Honda. I have a Camry v6 and get around 25 28 mpg the RAV4 4cyl only 24mpg so far. the odometer is a great disappointment. cant get trip mileage (Aor B)and odometer mileage at the same time, and what is with the flashing mpg setting that jumps all around (could have been better thought out.

Lower gas mileage than stated
By mythai on 03/10/10 21:47 PM (PST)

2010 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned 10 Toyotas in 23 years and I've never had any problems with any one of my cars/SUVs. I leased the 2010 Rav4 Limited V6 because I wanted a small roomy SUV with good gas mileage. The good: It's roomy, has great power, its comfortable, good options, and handles very well. The bad: Lots of road noise (my 2009 Highlander is nearly silent). You hear just about every noise on the road. And so far, the gas mileage stinks! I have almost 3,000 miles on my car and the mpg has never been more than 20.3 mpg. I drive 85% hwy, no traffic, between 65-70 mph, and I'm not hard on acceleration or braking. My tires are normal & the dealer tells me the car is "just learning my driving habits", huh?!

Good Choice
By Csejtey on 03/10/10 11:25 AM (PST)

2010 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I compared the RAV4 to the CR-V and Volvo XC70 and the RAV was the right choice for me. The other two cars were too slow and didn't handle as well. Also the Volvo got terrible MPG. Great deals right now on Toyota Leasing too. Drives like a sports sedan buy has a lot of cargo capacity.

Great quality what is fuss about
By Sam on 03/05/10 07:50 AM (PST)

2010 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have been researching this segment for more than 6 month and reading owner reviews and it was down to the outlander GT and the Rav 4 v6 limited, well got the Rav two days earlier than I should have as the zero % started Tuesday and I bought mine on Saturday. Excellent ride comfortable but not mushy, corner very well, amazing steering for a Toyota, 4x4 like a dream, and great Transmission. I used to have Acura CAL type S and thought it was quick, this RAV drive like a sport car with the assurance of the all wheel drive. Excellent interior and seriously drives like a quality Lexus but with a sport feel and connection to the road. Would buy it again and again. Excellent quality.

Rav 4 Consistent reliability
By Keith on 02/28/10 08:11 AM (PST)

2010 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Overall, for the money, the Rav 4 is a great investment. I drive 40,000 miles per year. It has great cargo room, and good flexibility with back seat adjustments. The blue tooth phone is a must. Rides good on the highway with some road noise. Street driving in town can be a rough ride sometimes. The smart key is a big convenience. I average 28.6 mpg overall.

Disappointed
By Dave on 02/10/10 05:38 AM (PST)

2010 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After 3,500 I am amending my review, and I now regret my purchase. Recall issues aside, I have a Denso pedal and my car is not on the list, I am beginning to think that Toyota's quality problems are not limited to the recalled parts. The transmission shifts abruptly at low speed, my driver's door handle sticks, my breaks squeak, rough idle, and my gas mileage stinks (best 23.5 on the highway at speed limit). When I was at Toyota for a recall inspection, I told the service manager and he replied, "Try putting premium gas in," which the owner's manual says not to do. I paid too much money to be driving a vehicle reminiscent of a Ford.

First new Toyota
By Unk on 02/04/10 12:00 PM (PST)

2010 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This review is a a small payback for ALL the good info I found here when looking. Basic V6, tow pkg only...replacement for my wife's high mileage V8 truck...she is happy in every respect. Plenty of power, decent mileage..all in all, a better vehicle than I expected.

Love my RAV
By Chrisa on 02/02/10 09:14 AM (PST)

2010 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

We love our new 2010 Rav4 limited. In spite of the recent Toyota recall, we would buy again as they've handled the situation well so far. This car just drove better and had better visibility than the CRV which was our #2 contender.

Awful Fuel Economy
By Frank on 01/29/10 14:27 PM (PST)

2010 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

My choices were either a CRV (our old vehicle) or a RAV. We decided to go with the RAV and we are in general happy with our decision, especially since we got a good deal on the price. The main problem is the fuel economy. On my first fuel refill, it was 14mpg. So far, I have not been able to get more than 18mpg between refills. I asked the dealer to check it and apparently they can only do this in the summer. They also told me that the winter mpg is supposedly less, but an average of 14 - 18 mpg is a joke. In comparison, my 1999 Honda CRV averages 20 mpg. I only have about 800 miles on the RAV and the mpg may just improve with use (I certainly hope it does).

Not bad
By Earl on 01/26/10 21:41 PM (PST)

2010 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Just purchased so I cannot comment on reliability but only initial observations. Car feels more solid than other cars in class. Doors have a definite "thunk". Drives easily like a smaller car but has lots of room in both front and back seats. Standard features cover most of the important items like AC, power windows/locks, window tint. Really nice suspension that absorbs most bumps and breaks in the road. 4 cylinder feels torquey but definitely does not have wow factor. Test drove 6 cylinder and it had really good power but hesitated to downshift at highway speeds. I am hearing some rattling from the rear of the car which is troubling for a new car.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Toyota RAV4 in VA is:

$122 per month*