1,000 Miles So Far
By Nick B on
2010 Toyota RAV4 Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
I traded a 2002 manual honda civic for the RAV4 because we had a baby and needed a bigger car. I love the power upgrade from the civic, V-6 is a big jump in hp for my daily driving. It doesn't take the corners like a car, but it does handle fairly well with the sport suspension and larger wheels. We were almost ready to buy the CR-V, but the power of the V-6 sold me. So far I'm averaging 21.5 mpg, pretty good mix of highway and city with the A/C on all the time because it's been hot. Also drive on the more heavier footed side of average, not crazy, but more pedal than probably about 3/4 of the people out there. Overall its a nice car so far.
Favorite Features
Power, space, Toyota's reliability history. Overall this is like the jackknife of vehicles - drives like a car, has a ton of interior room considering the size of the vehicle, and it mixes function, fun, and value better than anything else I've seen.
Suggested Improvements
Fit and finish on the inside. Has been making clicking noises because of the cheaper plastic inside. Not a deal breaker for me, but some may hate it. Also got the sport model with no spare tire - would like a donut at least.