Used 2010 Toyota RAV4 Base SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

By Bob Clark

The Best Toyota Dealer in the World
By Danny Rosado

2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Classic Toyota gave us a car buying experience that we will never forget. We drove in from Kentucky to visit with family, and to buy a car for a better value. We had looked at our Capital One email who referred us to classic Toyota in Waukegan. Once at the dealer we were met by Diana Romero who was our sales and leasing associate. Diana was friendly, knowledgeable, and she offered us coffee, snacks, and just had a wonderful personality. Diana gave us back our faith in car dealerships because of previous experiences we had vowed never to go to a dealership and purchase a car. We told Diana our monthly price range and she was able to stay within a close proximity to what we wanted, and she was very honest from the beginning about what Toyota financing could offer. I will definitely refer friends and family to that specific dealership. :)

Is this a great car or what?
By rafi

2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Best cargo space in its class, lots of useful compartments. Was skeptical of the spare on back and swinging back door - now I love those features, make the car even more practical. Leg room in the second row is impressive. Acceleration is adequate. Gas mileage great if you drive carefully and don't unnecessarily rev up the engine; on a highway when driving not more than 65mph you can easily get 30 mpg. I own mine for 2 months now, I do 50/50 city/highway mix and my average mpg is 28.2, weather and driving conditions were perfect, though - during winter and sweltering summer days I expect the average mpg drop a little, perhaps to 27 not lower. Oil change every 5K instead 3K - like it too.

roominess, gas mileage, exterior design

improve gas mileage even more

Great so far!
By smokey10

2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought my RAV4 7 months ago and I've never liked a car better than my new one. Ride is smooth enough and all these things I read on reviews about vibrating and stuff, never experienced it except when I'm driving on rough roads and unpaved ones, quite expected I would think. My car is the limited model and the convenience of the features really fits me well. The only thing I don't like about my car is how much I paid for it. Gas mileage is very reasonable since I'm primarily the only passenger plus my little dog, we're so happy to go out of town occasionally on weekends with comfort. I agree it's no escalade nor a Land Rover, but it certainly fits most responsible,low profile people like me

Roominess of the interior plus the added features like bluetooth, upgraded sound system+XM radio, leather seats w/heat and auto AC.

back view not really appealing plus the side door opening, very inconvenient. Hood jack should be like the new Camry 2011.

Upgraded to Rav4 from 2005 Nissan Altima
By Rav4_Lover

2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Being upgraded from 2005 Nissan Altima (Sedan). This is my first ever new car in my life. I love my Rav4 for the roominess, comfort & great performance. Fun & Steady driving. My family loves it. I4cyl has great power in it compared to CR-V. Had to return the Sport model, as the sport tuned suspension did not give a comfortable ride for the rear seated passengers.

Extra storage beneath the cargo area, full-size spare tire on the back door, best cargo space in compact suv segment, powerful engine for a i4cyl, great fuel economy, sturdy exteriors,

Cheap interiors, Make v6 as an option rather than a separate model. Missing Charcoal/Black carpets & seats.

• SUV