Used 2010 Toyota RAV4 Limited SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:

Starting Issue
By caboz

2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

4 times in the last 2 years the vehicle would not start because the brake pedal was locked and not moveable.

Great Value Vehicle-Terrible Bluetooth Instructions!
By hysteria

2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

My wife and I both love this vehicle. We've taken it on 2 very long trips and it perfoms great. We get over 26 mpg. Our only gripe is that the bluetooth instructions in the owner's manual are complete garbage! I've had to take it to the dealer 3 times to get the bluetooth working. The rep at the dealership (who told me she had to "go to school to learn how to program phones for Toyota's bluetooth technology) had major problems trying to get our phones synched up. It took her over 40 minutes to get it working. She also stated NOT to follow the owner's manual instructions. What should be an easy application made difficult by Toyota's good for nothing instructions.

Favorite Features

Reliability, good ride, nice lines, decent gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the piece of &%*! Bluetooth Section of the owner's manual. When I went to the dealership only one person there could help me. All the others said they had no idea how to program the bluetooth technology. If dealerships cannot understand it and recommend not using that section of the manual, what does that tell you?

Really Like The Rav
By bg1811

2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I just leased a 2010 RAV4 Limited FWD I-4 last week (for my wife). I was concerned about some of the negative comments about this vehicle. I leased it in New Orleans and then drove it 570 miles back to my home in Kentucky. I drove up US 61 through the Delta to keep from driving a constant speed on the interstate. My car is a 2007 Cadillac Escalade and I didn't find this car to be any louder than the Caddy. I got 29.7 mpg which I think is great. I also found the seats to be very comfortable. The interior trim is very acceptable for this price range IMO.

Favorite Features

The no key door unlocking system was something I really enjoyed (now I wish the Caddy had that feature).

Suggested Improvements

Add a Home Link garage door feature. I can't remember the last car that we had without that feature.

Rav4
By Lynn

2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I really like the rav4 with the exception of the road noise. It is extremely loud. I would not recommend this vehicle for that reason. I will be getting rid of mine as soon as I can.

Favorite Features

Handles and drives good.Lots of cargo space. Ample leg room in the back seat.

Suggested Improvements

Reduce, reduce road noise.

Great Crossover None Better!
By BBS

2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

We've had our RAV4 Limited about four months now and get 28 to 30 mpg, it's roomy, lay the seats down and carry a lot more than you can imagine. We got the limited with the JBL radio which sounds like a concert, awesome sound. The only complaint is the toyo tires they make some road noise which I plan to change to the Goodyear gas mileage saver tires. Highly recommend the RAV4 you will not be disappointed. We have the 4 cyl and it has plenty of pep. It's simply a "Blast" to Drive!

Favorite Features

The JBL radio, unreal sound, it's like driving around in a live concert!

Suggested Improvements

Get some better tires, the OEM's make some road noise, not bad but I can notice it, but turn up that JBL and you won't a hear nothing but great sounding music.