2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:
Pleased with pre-owned RAV4 (28K miles)
By k5zoo on 09/30/12 19:23 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

After wanting to downsize from my minivan with the additional goal of improved gas mileage, I initially test drove a pre-owned Ford Focus and it was ok but quite compact especially the second row leg room. I happened upon the RAV4 in the same lot. I really liked how spacious the leg room was in the second row and I really liked the back storage. I am 5'2" so the cargo door is a plus because I had to be on my toes with the van hatchback.The full sized spare tire is also a plus; I read some neg reviews about its location but I think it's much easier access. My combined gas mileage is 25.4 M-F due to hwy commuting; on the weekend which is more in town it's 25.1. Overall a good value.

RAV4 SPORT, awesome value, just a glitch
By gar7 on 06/21/11 13:07 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Check engine light issue, will be covered by warranty. Excellent ride and handling for the SPORT model ! Does exactly what it says it will !! Handles corners well, hugs the road and toes not tilt in the curves.

Feel every bump on the road - buy sports
By Kumar on 09/18/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Don't buy unless you want to feel every bump on the road - The sports model with Flat-Free tire has a very noticeable bumpy ride. At this it is very annoying, with the vehicle wobbling, driver shaking like he has convulsions. Works well on a smooth and even road, which is not realistic to expect. This ride quality does even come close to 10-year old Camry and 4-year old Sienna.

Bumpy Ride - Sports Model
By Kumar on 09/01/10 13:04 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Hi, I am very disappointed with the bumpy ride for my sports model with the flat- free tires. I am not sure if it is the tires or the suspension. Very annoying! Very annoying! Feels like I am sitting on some vibrator when going over normal road bumps. It needs a perfectly smooth road to provide a smooth experience - Just not possible.

Disappointed
By exraver on 06/13/10 19:11 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

It's ok. Just ok. Just enough power. Quite disappointing mileage. Cheap feel to everything, especially closing doors. Sounds like tin can. Wish we'd looked longer. I'd be depressed if this were my car, it's my wife's and she doesn't notice. Whew. Dealership staff were great to deal with however.

Still loving it!
By Sandra on 05/28/10 18:00 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This has been the most enjoyable auto I've owned. I love everything about it. I bought this RAV4 2010 in Oct. '09 after much anguish, having just bought a brand new Honda CR-V-EX. As soon as I drove the Honda off the lot, I knew I made the wrong decision. 6 weeks later and taking (an obvious) loss, I traded it for the RAV and have never regretted this costly mistake. It's a fun, comfortable vehicle to drive, has a lot of power (4 cyl.), handles beautifully and most of all, being single, feel extremely safe with any Toyota but especially the RAV 4. I've had it now for 7 months and I still have that new-owner-can't-wait-to- drive-it excitement about it.

toyota
By NY2010 on 03/15/10 18:11 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

This is my second RAV4 and I didn't hesitate to buy it. Though I did enjoy my prior Base model V6 this time I went with a Sport model 4cyl. This is my top choice for its reliability, space, look, 4x4 option, moderate price and most of all safety. This 2nd vehicle came about after an accident resulting in a total loss, but I can not speak enough about the structural integrity this vehicle retained under duress.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Toyota RAV4 Suv in VA is:

$118 per month*