2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:
Great SUV
By gh81 on 07/25/14 09:53 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Upgraded from an Altima due to the arrival of my daughter. The engine and transmission are excellent, this is a fun SUV to drive with more than enough power to put a smile on my face. Interior is overall great, seats are comfortable, equipment on limited is generous. The ride and steering could be smoother. Trunk is very spacious and practical. This will be my one and only RAV as Toyota made the 2013 model much more boring.

Starting Issue
By caboz on 08/07/13 20:50 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

4 times in the last 2 years the vehicle would not start because the brake pedal was locked and not moveable.

A great choice!!
By ilex2 on 03/13/13 09:36 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I wanted a well rated small SUV with lower owner cost, so I recently bought a 2010 Rav4 and love how fun this car is to drive! PROS: The V6 has lots of power and better gas mileage than my last car (a Mercedes C300) and I love that the Rav uses regular grade gas. Lots of cargo space, roomy back seat, and the radio's aux is great for using Pandora on my iPhone. Nav and back-up camera are great features! CONS: Hands free phone system's mic is poor quality. Braking is a little slower than I'm used to. Cup holder insert is too small for a travel cup and without the insert, it's too big. Not a big deal, but a little frustrating. Overall, I LOVE this car!

Everything I need
By t0yotfan on 03/05/13 15:40 PM (PST)

2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After having both a 2002 and 2004 CRV, I bought a 2007 RAV4 with the V6. It had greater usable cargo space and the V6 got 22mpg when the 2 CRV's never got over 21mpg with a 4 cyl. The 2007 RAV4 got totaled in an accident, so since I was very happy with it, I bought another identical V6 4x4 base model. I bought it with a Toyota trailer hitch and I have no problem towing a 8x5 Big Tex trailer loaded with a John Deere 2320 tractor plus 3 Labs in the back cargo area in 3 large dog kennels every week 80 miles to a farm I own in the next county over. The total weight of the trailer and Tractor is 2850lbs. I still get 16 mpg with that load and the power and braking are more than adequate.

The v6 is super fast!
By glennm76 on 02/03/13 13:23 PM (PST)

2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I brought the 2010 rav4 limited v6 awd brand new on a lease. I owned it for almost three years and have put 26,000 miles on it. The v6 engine is amazing, super fast and can pass anyone. The JBL stereo system is awesome. The bluetooth works good. The rav4 doesn't like corners and takes longer to break then most small suv's. If you open the moon roof while you are on the freeway, there is too much noise. The leather seats are not very comfortable. But other than that, great car and Toyota sells the best cars out there. I never had a problem.

2010 Toyota RAV-4 AWD
By chucko420 on 12/11/12 22:49 PM (PST)

2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Pros: handles surprisingly well with good acceleration and steering, decent gas mileage, good JBL sound system, interior foot lights are sweet, 4WD mode is great since it is superior to AWD, heated seats, very little serice work needed except re-torquing the drive shat every 15,000 miles, interior design is good especially the fold flat rear seats, lots of cargo space with easy access. Cons: very noisy-can't even talk on the phone due to noise level, small steering wheel, poor visability out the rear but all cars are like that now, front license plate gets damaged in car wash.

10k miles in 3 months: reliable but uncomfortable
By tunisjs on 11/08/12 11:00 AM (PST)

2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4dr SUV 4WD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I bought 2010 Rav4 base 4x4 at Carmax on my return from overseas. I needed a reliable, roomy SUV quickly for a long road trip. I love to drive. Fully loaded with stuff, using a/c, 28mpg highway (despite only 4 gears, a happy surprise). Totally reliable, lots of storage room, side swinging rear door ok, full size spare tire a godsend. Grossly uncomfortable driving position for this 6'2" 210lb male, no lumbar support, my knees rubbed against console and window controls. The worst was the loud, arthritic creaking from all the RAV4's body joints on launches, turns and stops! It sounded like a Yugo. What's up with Toyota? I traded it in on a used GLK.

Pleased with pre-owned RAV4 (28K miles)
By k5zoo on 09/30/12 19:23 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

After wanting to downsize from my minivan with the additional goal of improved gas mileage, I initially test drove a pre-owned Ford Focus and it was ok but quite compact especially the second row leg room. I happened upon the RAV4 in the same lot. I really liked how spacious the leg room was in the second row and I really liked the back storage. I am 5'2" so the cargo door is a plus because I had to be on my toes with the van hatchback.The full sized spare tire is also a plus; I read some neg reviews about its location but I think it's much easier access. My combined gas mileage is 25.4 M-F due to hwy commuting; on the weekend which is more in town it's 25.1. Overall a good value.

I should have had the V6
By charbojr on 09/28/12 06:55 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Have had this car for 2 years now and clocked 20k miles on it. From the outside the Sport package is quite handsome and aggressive. I don't even mind the tire on the door. Then you get in and drive it. The 4 cyl/4 speed gets the job done, but there is no joy. The handling is good for a Sport Ute but can be jarring and at times uncomfortable particularly on long trips. Tight cabin for a 6' tall guy. Interior bits are cheap. There's plenty of space for your stuff which is why we purchased the car, but coming from a '04 BMW 325i this car is a little disappointing and leaves me longing for days of yore. Toyota cheaped out on this car and it shows.

Rav 4 sucks
By rav4_sucks on 06/11/12 13:59 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota RAV4 SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have had this car for a year and a half. Toyota is the worst company to deal with. After 7,000 miles the brakes made a garggiling sound and would not come to a complete stop. I have my wife and kids in the car up in the mountains on a sunday afternoon. Called Toyota and they wanted to charge me $500.00 to tow the car to a dealership. Towing NOT covered under bumper to bumper. Also the tires on the car only lasted 22,000 miles. The radio will turn its self off for no reason. All the dash lites go on and off then the car dies. BIGGEST PIECE EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would not [non-permissible content removed] with a Toyota driver manual. (it wont get the job done) MAJOR FAIL TOYOTA

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Toyota RAV4 Suv in VA is:

$122 per month*