Used 2010 Toyota RAV4 Sport Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Toyota Rav4 - Consumer Reviews

2010 Toyota RAV4

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:

Pleased with pre-owned RAV4 (28K miles)
By k5zoo

2010 Toyota RAV4 Sport 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

After wanting to downsize from my minivan with the additional goal of improved gas mileage, I initially test drove a pre-owned Ford Focus and it was ok but quite compact especially the second row leg room. I happened upon the RAV4 in the same lot. I really liked how spacious the leg room was in the second row and I really liked the back storage. I am 5'2" so the cargo door is a plus because I had to be on my toes with the van hatchback.The full sized spare tire is also a plus; I read some neg reviews about its location but I think it's much easier access. My combined gas mileage is 25.4 M-F due to hwy commuting; on the weekend which is more in town it's 25.1. Overall a good value.

Favorite Features

Second row seating leg room Back cargo space MPG (25.4 week day; 25.1 weekend) Drives relatively smooth (in No. Central TX)

Suggested Improvements

Arm rests - too short on rt/console side Doors - generally ok but do sound like a tin can when you close (like other reviewer noted) Cup holders - placement a bit awkward Stereo - average

RAV4 SPORT, awesome value, just a glitch
By gar7

2010 Toyota RAV4 Sport 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Check engine light issue, will be covered by warranty. Excellent ride and handling for the SPORT model ! Does exactly what it says it will !! Handles corners well, hugs the road and toes not tilt in the curves.

Favorite Features

SUSPENSION! Cornering! Handling!

Suggested Improvements

Needs body side moulding as standard, and rear deck cover. Hitch and lights hookup. After all it is a SPORT model. Better quality in the fuel and vapor canister systems, cause ENGINE Light. Code P2401 which locks it in 4WD, anti-slip mode and uses more fuel.

Feel every bump on the road - buy sports
By Kumar

2010 Toyota RAV4 Sport 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Don't buy unless you want to feel every bump on the road - The sports model with Flat-Free tire has a very noticeable bumpy ride. At this it is very annoying, with the vehicle wobbling, driver shaking like he has convulsions. Works well on a smooth and even road, which is not realistic to expect. This ride quality does even come close to 10-year old Camry and 4-year old Sienna.

Favorite Features

Does not matter about any features, the bad and bumpy rides over-shadows any good features.

Suggested Improvements

Sports model ride suspension with Flat- Free tires needs to be fixed. In fact, I would say Toyota should discontinue making this model. Bad design and disgrace to Toyota's quality and reputation.

Bumpy Ride - Sports Model
By Kumar

2010 Toyota RAV4 Sport 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

Hi, I am very disappointed with the bumpy ride for my sports model with the flat- free tires. I am not sure if it is the tires or the suspension. Very annoying! Very annoying! Feels like I am sitting on some vibrator when going over normal road bumps. It needs a perfectly smooth road to provide a smooth experience - Just not possible.

Favorite Features

Space, Ergo, Smooth Steering

Suggested Improvements

Must definitely fix the bumpy ride issue for Sports Sports package to have leather interior options and rear view camera/Hands free phone as basic

Disappointed
By exraver

2010 Toyota RAV4 Sport 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

It's ok. Just ok. Just enough power. Quite disappointing mileage. Cheap feel to everything, especially closing doors. Sounds like tin can. Wish we'd looked longer. I'd be depressed if this were my car, it's my wife's and she doesn't notice. Whew. Dealership staff were great to deal with however.

Suggested Improvements

Sound attenuation. Materials.