2010 Toyota RAV4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:
one of the best values
By skipk2 on 01/07/12 08:40 AM (PST)

2010 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I now have 24,000 miles on my 2010 base RAV4 V6. It's been a terrific experience. it's very powerful and the mileage is good for a vehicle of it's size. I get 28 mpg on road trips. i love it's handling. this is one of the best values around. I intend to keep it for at least 250,000 miles.

High Expectations and Pleased
By Anna Petey on 05/09/10 06:12 AM (PDT)

2010 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am a first-time crossover/SUV buyer, in which I traded-in my 1997 Honda Accord (the best car model ever made, in my opinion) w/ 160,000 miles, and felt it was time for an upgrade since I'm moving to a mountain state. Going from a car that got 31 mpg hwy to a heftier and less efficient model was tough, but I have actually been happier than I expected, with the RAV4. I get an average of 24 mpg, and probably up to 26-7 on the hwy. I had heard that the Sport models have a rougher road experience b/c of the tires, so I opted for the Base model instead. Compared to my Accord, there is less engine noise and much less road noise than some of the CR-Vs I test drove. Overall a good, smart choice!

Gas Pedal Recall Unsettling
By froggie on 03/17/10 17:42 PM (PDT)

2010 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

PRO- Goes in the Snow! This vehicle was great this winter. Handles good. Back seat reclines and folds flat. Pick-up very good. Gas mileage OK. Fabulous visibility when backing up etc., CON- Very upset about the gas pedal recall. Purchased vehicle mid January 2010 and recall happened shortly afterward. Ouch! Do not like the front cup holder positions. Cups block power plug. Would like air/heater controls for rear seats. Would prefer the rear door to hinge upward instead of opening to the side. Really needs some basic lumbar controls. Overall would have given a much higher rating if it never had the gas pedal recall but it has caused so much anxiety that I don't think as highly of Toyota now

Disappointed
By Dave on 02/10/10 05:38 AM (PST)

2010 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After 3,500 I am amending my review, and I now regret my purchase. Recall issues aside, I have a Denso pedal and my car is not on the list, I am beginning to think that Toyota's quality problems are not limited to the recalled parts. The transmission shifts abruptly at low speed, my driver's door handle sticks, my breaks squeak, rough idle, and my gas mileage stinks (best 23.5 on the highway at speed limit). When I was at Toyota for a recall inspection, I told the service manager and he replied, "Try putting premium gas in," which the owner's manual says not to do. I paid too much money to be driving a vehicle reminiscent of a Ford.

First new Toyota
By Unk on 02/04/10 12:00 PM (PST)

2010 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This review is a a small payback for ALL the good info I found here when looking. Basic V6, tow pkg only...replacement for my wife's high mileage V8 truck...she is happy in every respect. Plenty of power, decent mileage..all in all, a better vehicle than I expected.

So far so great...
By Dave on 12/23/09 13:46 PM (PST)

2010 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I just purchased the 2010 RAV4 V6 4x4, and got a heck of a deal too. While I don't love the styling of the RAV, the power that its V6 offers is very impressive. It handles well, and accelerates through traffic with ease. The ride is smooth but the transmission shifts a little rough. Overall, if you can get a good price, the RAV4 V6 is well worth it. I am kind of disappointed that they filled the interior with so many plastic features though. There is no place to store stuff and it feels a little tight. Also they could have put a few more lights on the instruments like on the cruise control.

Powerful, Reliable, Fuel-Efficient, Fun
By Lucas Niiler on 11/06/09 09:04 AM (PST)

2010 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've been a Honda driver for 20+ years, but this time around, the RAV4 V6 won out, hands down, over the CRV. This vehicle is in an entirely different league. Like the CRV, it's reliable and fuel- efficient--but unlike the Honda, it offers more interior room and a much more powerful engine. Tow capacity is 3500 pounds; rear seats fold flat to create a box-like pickup truck-style space. Acceleration is crisp and smooth; braking is grippy, confident. Seats are comfortable; cabin is spacious; sight lines are clear and unobstructed; stereo kicks. 24 mpg in town; no highway numbers to report yet. Of course, if all you want to do is haul groceries, go with the CRV.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Toyota RAV4 in VA is:

$116 per month*