Used 2010 Toyota RAV4 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:

Great SUV
By gh81

2010 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Upgraded from an Altima due to the arrival of my daughter. The engine and transmission are excellent, this is a fun SUV to drive with more than enough power to put a smile on my face. Interior is overall great, seats are comfortable, equipment on limited is generous. The ride and steering could be smoother. Trunk is very spacious and practical. This will be my one and only RAV as Toyota made the 2013 model much more boring.

Favorite Features

-V6 Engine and transmission -Trunk Space -equipment on limited model -Build quality & reliability

Suggested Improvements

-Ride and steering are a bit jiggly. A lot of Toyota's have numb steering and ride, but I can feel too many jiggles and vibrations in the ride and steering in the RAV4. As much as the handling and ride are sharp I would rather trade off some of it for more smoothness -Steering column adjustment needs more range

Starting Issue
By caboz

2010 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

4 times in the last 2 years the vehicle would not start because the brake pedal was locked and not moveable.

A great choice!!
By ilex2

2010 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I wanted a well rated small SUV with lower owner cost, so I recently bought a 2010 Rav4 and love how fun this car is to drive! PROS: The V6 has lots of power and better gas mileage than my last car (a Mercedes C300) and I love that the Rav uses regular grade gas. Lots of cargo space, roomy back seat, and the radio's aux is great for using Pandora on my iPhone. Nav and back-up camera are great features! CONS: Hands free phone system's mic is poor quality. Braking is a little slower than I'm used to. Cup holder insert is too small for a travel cup and without the insert, it's too big. Not a big deal, but a little frustrating. Overall, I LOVE this car!

Favorite Features

I love the "get up and go" that this car has! Very responsive. A very comfortable ride, lots of safety features, and several places for storage upfront. Roomy back seat (lots of leg space) and great cargo space. Back seats fold down easily and perfectly flat. Speakers have good sound and aux feature is great for playing Pandora off my iPhone. Back-up camera on the rear-view mirror is awesome!

Suggested Improvements

"Ultimate Hands-Free" Bluetooth system needs a better mic. Its really bad! I can hear callers great but they say there's far too much noise On their end (the faster I drive, the worse it gets). I'm going to try to upgrade the mic or will buy a separate unit to mount on the sun visor. Seat heater only offers one setting and comes on quickly, gets too hot, then cycles to basically being off, then back on again. Better than nothing, but would be nice if the heat regulated better for more consistent warmth.

Everything I need
By t0yotfan

2010 Toyota RAV4 Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After having both a 2002 and 2004 CRV, I bought a 2007 RAV4 with the V6. It had greater usable cargo space and the V6 got 22mpg when the 2 CRV's never got over 21mpg with a 4 cyl. The 2007 RAV4 got totaled in an accident, so since I was very happy with it, I bought another identical V6 4x4 base model. I bought it with a Toyota trailer hitch and I have no problem towing a 8x5 Big Tex trailer loaded with a John Deere 2320 tractor plus 3 Labs in the back cargo area in 3 large dog kennels every week 80 miles to a farm I own in the next county over. The total weight of the trailer and Tractor is 2850lbs. I still get 16 mpg with that load and the power and braking are more than adequate.

Favorite Features

Power of the V6, interior room, snow traction.

Suggested Improvements

The telescopic steering wheel should be made to extend towards the driver more, and turning circle should be sharper

The v6 is super fast!
By glennm76

2010 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I brought the 2010 rav4 limited v6 awd brand new on a lease. I owned it for almost three years and have put 26,000 miles on it. The v6 engine is amazing, super fast and can pass anyone. The JBL stereo system is awesome. The bluetooth works good. The rav4 doesn't like corners and takes longer to break then most small suv's. If you open the moon roof while you are on the freeway, there is too much noise. The leather seats are not very comfortable. But other than that, great car and Toyota sells the best cars out there. I never had a problem.

Favorite Features

Its a Toyota. V6 engine, no plastic on the outside. Great stereo JBL. Amazing reliability.

Suggested Improvements

Doesn't take corners well. The leather seats are too hard and doesn't support.