Toyota Rav 4 Limited Updated Review--B+
By Randy on
2009 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)
Given my model is now part of the massive recall related to the sticky accelerator problem, up to this point I've had no issue with a sticky accelerator. But, it certainly is on my mind now everytime I drive, which is unfortunate. Anyway, the only areas that have decreased in my liking are related to the gas mileage and exterior finish since my last review. In Oct., I was getting 24-27 mpg, now with nearly 5,000 miles, I am now getting 20-23 mpg with no major changes in my driving pattern. Very disappointing. Also, I notice the seals on the door/window jams leak cold air allowing me to feel a noticeable chill, and the road noise has become much more noticeable.
Favorite Features
Steering and handling are still great, and the suspension still absorbs bumps while driving, and has handled great in the snow using 4-wheel drive. Cargo room continues to be spacious. The XM satellite sound still prevails over the weak FM reception, and Bluetooth and Push-Start have been awesome.
Suggested Improvements
Cup holders continue to be a nuisance, and although I don't find a problem with ride comfort, my wife complains of it being uncomfortable from the passenger seat, especially on longer rides. I'm also going to get a deflector to minimize how easily the paint chips, but the salesman warned me of this.