Terrific SUV Crossover
By MikeND on
2009 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
I had previously owned two Corolla's and loved both of them. I needed a bigger vehicle because of two new children. I test drove a Santa Fe, a Highlander and a Rav4. It took me about 5 minutes of driving a Rav4 to fall in love. I obviously like the added size and power. However, what I find amazing with the Rav4 is I still feel like I'm driving my old Corolla. I'm also looking forward to the 4WD and added weight this winter.
Favorite Features
I love the fast acceleration this vehicle has. Merging into traffic on the highway is never an issue. I also like the IPod jack. The seats are reasonably comfortable. Perhaps the best feature is the room for the backseat passengers. The cargo room in the rear is also impressive.
Suggested Improvements
Probably my biggest complaint was the lack of color choices the Rav4 comes in for the base unit. I would have preferred additional choices. I have averaged about 22 MPG with more city driving than highway driving. I'm not an engineer, but I would guess they will increase MPG for the Rav4 in 2010.