Love the RAV4
By primal_v on
2009 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)
I purchased a 2009 RAV4 4 2.5 litre 4 cylinder, base model, for my wife. Let me tell you this...if I were to get in it blind-folded, not knowing which vehicle I was in, I would have never guessed that it was a RAV4. The ride comfort is amazing! The independent suspension decreases body roll over uneven pavement. Road noise for a vehicle of this size is more than acceptable. Braking is smooth & quiet. It absorbs bumps in the road like they were nothing. Wind noise is average but better than most. Acceleration is excellent. I barely have to apply pressure to the throttle to get it to move. Without even having to stomp down on the pedal & the 4 cylinder turns into a monster & easily pulls away
Favorite Features
Engine is quite. 4 cylinder engine has good acceleration. Quite ride. Excellent handling. Smooth transmission. Comfortable seats. Rear seats recline & slide forward & backward. Light output is good. Low road noise. Handles well for an SUV.
Suggested Improvements
I really don't have many complaints with this vehicle. I kind of wish that it had factory tinted windows & fog lamps but that's ok. Clear glass makes visibility better. Also the light for the rear door is actually on the door...so as you open it wide, it doesn't really illuminate the rear cargo area that well.