I wish I had been warned.....
By Appl on
2009 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)
There is no worse feeling than taking the plunge and realizing you made a mistake. It took me 3 days to realize I married the wrong man but only ONE to regret buying this car. The Rav4 is cute with that snappy little 4 cylinder engine with good gas mileage. However, the poor design of the interior rains on my parade. The front seats are flat and tilted down-- leaving me to slip off at every turn. The head rests eat into my head. The sound system is so poor it muffles human voices on am radio. Entertainment and temperature controls are too poorly lit to see in sunglasses. There is no way to hold the tiny steering wheel comfortably and no arm rests. Cheap fabric tops off the look.
Favorite Features
Engine, exterior features, smart key, keyless ignition, the side opening back door, the folding seats.
Suggested Improvements
Make the seats wider, longer, and with a tilt mechanism on all models. Arm rests higher. Get rid of the brown on brown lit controls for entertainment and temperature. Ditch the headrests. Use chenille fabric in the limited as option to leather. Enlarge steering wheel and change hand placement.