2009 Toyota RAV4 Consumer Review: I love my Rav

2009 Toyota RAV4 - Consumer Review

Base 4dr SUV (2.5L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

I love my Rav
By Deborah on

2009 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

If you didn't know this was a four cylinder vehicle, you wouldn't know by its performance. It has far more useful extras, even in the base model I have, than any of the competitors. It also has more storage, hidden, accessible and functional storage - all three. The tailgate is easy to open and the drive is smooth for an SUV except at extremely low speeds (under 20 mph) and even then not bad. I love this car and am glad I chose it. Fuel economy seems to be greater so far than specified on the government websites. Seats are extremely easy to fold up and they fold up flat and low - better than any other model I looked at, and I looked at a lot of them. This is important as I have dogs.

Favorite Features

Super white color. Very Comfortable seats. Radio and gauges sit high and they are easy to glance at. Split glove compartment and place for sunglasses.

Suggested Improvements

When I go for my first service, I'm going to tell them to turn off the seat belt reminder that pings at me constantly. I live on acreage and don't need to wear a seatbelt on my own long driveway!