2009 Toyota RAV4 Consumer Review: Good First Impression

2009 Toyota RAV4 SUV - Consumer Review

Good First Impression
By OMc on

2009 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 4A)

I just bought this vehicle a week ago and so far I like it. Low road noise compared to my old Civic and the seats are MUCH more comfortable - I can't feel the springs beneath the fabric like I could with the Civic even when it was new. Steering not as tight as I'd like. I like that it has the height of a truck with the feel of a car. My elderly father can get in with minimal "step-up" and can get out very easily.

Good seal from outside (low wind noise). Power locks and windows. Auxiliary jack for the iPod is the best accessory feature ever. Comfortable seats. Good visibility for the most part (driver's side blind spot a bit tough to manage). Like the second glove compartment. Cup holders odd size even w/inserts.

Get rid of the "automatic" lighting inside: Put a switch for the visor- mirror light instead of using the sliding cover as the switch; Have rear inside roof light turn off when all doors are closed instead of it turning off only when all doors are closed and locked. Would love it if rear window opened.