Exciting and solid but...
By Andrew on
2009 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
Fun to drive, the V6 really has some kick, yet on the interstate the 5 speed automatic transmission gave great performance and great economy. Handling is solid and predictable with a nice balance between capable SUV and commuting car (mostly commuter car). There is huge internal room, but it is still quite quiet on smooth pavement. On rough pavement it becomes noisy pretty quickly. The interior controls are all easy to use, but the steering wheel controls are not lighted at night so I will have to learn to blindly operate the Bluetooth controls. The radio controls on the wheel were easy to adapt to though. The exterior is not much changed from older Rav4. Just a few cosmetic changes.
Favorite Features
Built-in Bluetooth and XM radio. Reclining rear seats. Instrument cluster showing instant and average MPG. Dual-side climate controls. Smart-key keyless entry and Prius-like "Start" button. MP3 audio plug, although I would have liked a USB connector as well. I am sure I will love the heated seats.
Suggested Improvements
The front cup-holders are awful. The placement and design make them unusable. Not enough room for even medium cups and the holding design is awful. There is a cupholder built into the door, but that is a long reach. I can tell this is going to drive me nuts. Hard to tell if sunroof is 100% closed.