2009 Toyota RAV4 3.5L V6 4x4 5-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Better than expected.

2009 Toyota RAV4 - Consumer Review

Better than expected.
By Jessica on

2009 Toyota RAV4 Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Maybe because I had a Nissan XTerra prior to my RAV4, I feel like the RAV4's driving experience is very much like a car, not an SUV (which is fantastic), and there's no 'truck-like' feeling. The cornering is fairly tight for an SUV and the acceleration is phenomenal with the V6... I have no problem zipping into small spaces. I love the fuel economy, too (averaging 22.5 mpg in Central NJ). The keyless entry/ignition is so so so convenient and awesome, too.

Favorite Features

AC outlet in rear. Tremendous cargo space! Comfy seats. Adjustable rear seats. Minimal blind spots, great visibility. Responsive handling. Smooth ride. Lots of little storage places for things. Tons of cup holders.

Suggested Improvements

The rear doors' hinge angle isn't the same as on the front doors, sort of weird when you don't close them right. Trunk/cargo door opens to the right, which makes curbside loading a bit awkward. Maybe throw in a compass? I'd also like the Bluetooth to work properly with my Palm Treo.