Astonishing MPG's
By Jon on
2009 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV 4WD (2.5L 4cyl 4A)
I've been driving my new Rav for about a month now, and I'll admit I've been surprised (in both good and bad ways) Good (With 4cyl): Incredible gas mileage. I average ~30mpg interstate (with cruise control going 65mph) If I go up to 72mph, I drop to around 24/25mpg so the trick is to keep it slow. Additionally I can get a solid 34mpg doing 55mph on more rural travels. I also use the aux jack constantly with my MP3 player, don't know how I went 9 years without one. We had aftermarket heated seats installed in the cloth seats, nice in Pennsylvania! Bad: The cloth seats are NOT comfortable, sure, they could be worse (i.e. Subaru) but it may be worthwhile to go for leather.
Favorite Features
Gas mileage, Aux port, instantaneous and overall MPG's on the steering wheel (no reaching into the dash to flip through/reset, 17" wheels, cargo space galore, smooth ride, solidly constructed (heavy doors, little road noise)
Suggested Improvements
1.) Seats -- they are so rigid and should be more plush. Listen, I owned a '00 Honda Civic, and the seats were much more comfortable, and that's not saying much. 2.) It's great that there is extra storage under the floor in the back, but when you lift the floor is slides (enable some locking feat)